Group of 5 - Recruiting Class Rankings

These rankings don’t count transfers.
Useless post.
Delete thread.
Ban user.

1 Like

Nice find. I hope Holgerson gives him a call. Someone forward this to his email! Lol

If you go by average recruit ranking, the only G5 teams we are behind are Cincy, Boise, UCF, and Memphis. We could have added a bunch of 2 stars and jumped most of those teams. I think the 4 star transfers we get are probably better.

5 Likes

I have said the same thing…but let’s not criticize, he is building this program.

Also SMU (they really hurts to say).

I suspect SMU tapped the portal hard again.

How many recruits do we have? Numbers weigh heavily and out of our recruits one is a punter and another with enormous potential from England bring it down because he has no ratings. We also have some outstanding JC recruits and they are often undervalued by the services.
Relax the talent that has been added to the roster in the last year Is night and day from where we were.
The rankings mean nothing for approach we have taken to upgrade the roster.

3 Likes

Ah yes, was only looking at those teams listed ahead of us. I wonder if SMU is freaking out about having a terrible class coming off a 10 wins season?

1 Like

Unlikely if they have a full class. I have no idea if they do.

I’d also guess they don’t have the same expectations for their program as us.

Hire Levine as Recruitng Coordinator. He can cater recruiting events from his Chik-Fila.

It’s a WIN/ WIN!!

4 Likes

C’mon now, if you know anything about SMU, then you know that they have higher expectations that we have here at UH. [It’s their old money vs new money and the Dallas is better than Houston thing.]

3 Likes

CoogFans meltdown is hilarious to watch

2 Likes

Yep. How soon we forget. Our little 2-star recruits led by a pint-sized QB took down 5-star FSU. And punched Herman’s ticket to the “Big Time”.

3 Likes

We keep underestimating SMU at our peril - in both football and basketball. They, on the other hand, circle UH on the calendar every year. We are their “team to beat”.

4 Likes

I don’t think SMU fans care much about football.

1 Like

I am optimistic that Holgersen’s way of doing things is going to start paying off this year…I am also thinking that in a few years of winning our overall recruiting will improve a lot…

4 Likes

Yeah we have to have patience. Like we did with Sampson.

5 Likes

Whaddya mean??? SMU had its first ten win season in forever, was ranked in the Top 25 for the first time in decades, and spent more than half the year in the Top 25. And averaged over 23,000 per game home attendance!

Meanwhile UH suffered its first losing season in quite a while, lost a potential Heisman candidate and ended up a disappointing 4-8… and averaged over 25,000 per home game (not including the 40,000 attendance at neutral NRG).

Yeah, maybe you’re right.

2 Likes

Preston Stone (4 Star) and Top 50 player in the country is verbally committed to SMU for next year. Currently, UofH has zero (0) commits. Plus SMU regularly kicks our butts in football.

I respect all the justifiable excuses people have made for CDH and our #81 class ranking, but I’m not proud of it. The real reason our recruiting is not rated highly is because we didn’t sign any elite 4 or 5 star players out of high school. We rarely do. Hence, why we haven’t landed a great recruiting class in 25+ years. It’s sad. Our program is treading water and trending so there’s hope, but we better start winning some damn games soon. Patience is running thin. I have confidence that CDH is building depth to make a run at NYE6 Bowl! Let’s make haste. LFG!

The truth is we have never recruited well outside of the Herman era, and even then it was not even close to a Top 25 class. If/when we ever get invited to play on the highest level of football competition we will get those recruits, but as history suggests the Power5 conferences have little to no interest in adding UofH.

Go Coogs!

GEEZ, Herman didnt recruit particularly great…LEVINE recruited better than Herman…You dont NEED elite players to win!! ALL those great players in 2015 who won 13 games, those were LEVINE recruits, not Herman!! Ward, Ayers, Farrow, R Jackson, Stuart, MacDonald, W Jackson, Richard, Bowser, Carter, Singleton, Malveaux…3 stars all…
Twice in the last 9 years we have won 13 games and a New Years day bowl game against a top opponent…
STOP whining and bleating like sheep!!! I trust after CDH wins 9 or 10 next year you whiners will shut the HELL up!!!

10 Likes