Helton gone @ USC

They had the WR-- Lynn Swann, QB-- Pat Haden as AD’s. I’m thinking Reggie Bush or Charles White will be the next AD.

I can’t hate Thammel enough. Always wants be first to state the obvious.

-“Lit at practice”
-“His behavior while apparently under the influence of alcohol and painkillers at the Salute to Troy function in August drew national headlines,”
-"suspected by his staff to be under the influence during USC’s 42-14 win over Arizona State "
Can’t remember a HC getting that bad on the job.
Hopefully the pressure and harassment from the crackpot UT fanbase doesn’t end his hard earned sobriety.

Hold his Heisman.

3 Likes

So, Bill O’Brien’s on the short list. He will be yet another guy who went to work for Saban after being fired elsewhere, and based on how well Bama did get’s another big time gig so he can fail on the big stage. See Sark at UT.

1 Like

The only constant at Alabama is Saban.

It is his way or the highway.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think any coach could do well under Saban, because as long as you are doing it his way you are winning. As soon as you buck his way you are gone.

1 Like

He’s going to waiting for a while …

I could be wrong, but I can’t see Fickell leaving his team in the middle of a season. I see him as a Scott Frost type. He’ll do the right thing. He may leave, but he won’t be a jerk about it.

Right now Fickell can probably have any open job he wants. He can be choosy. He can wait for the right one.

And it seems like the turnaround time is pretty short at USC. Either win big right away, or the pressure gets turned up quickly. IMO, he won’t take it. Or if he does, it will be after Cinci’s season is done.

1 Like

Hold on. We’re talking about USC. One of the bluest of the blue bloods. At least 11 national championships. Way more than Ohio State.

Day ain’t leaving OSU anytime soon. USC is in position to pay anyone serious change, and Bohn was the AD who hired Fickell at Cinci. Fickell is probably in serious play for the Trojans.

4 Likes

If Fickell can’t get OSU he can stay at Cincy and be a legend in a p5 job.

Pulling these guys just got more expensive and difficult

1 Like

Nice picture, he looks like bill murray on king pin

Bill O’Brien was a jerk to the Houston media and they were tossing him softballs at every press conference. He would be chewed up and spit out in LA plus the big cigars with unreal expectations would hate him from day one.

4 Likes

USC has been a hot mess. Scandals everywhere but they have a new President in place and have been cleaning house and settling lawsuits.

Agree with every word of that.

Maybe USC should fish from a different pond when making a hc hire. There are other candidates out there besides former or current usc offensive coordinators.

1000% agree.

He’s waiting on Ohio State.

Am I the only one that is just not that much into PAC12/West Coast football ? Think it’s more the fact that I just don’t care about any of those teams more than late kick offs for me.

3 Likes

No, I’m right with ya.

1 Like