Hence the name Underachiever U

4 Likes

I wonder what percentage of our four stars go to the NFL? I know we’re at 100% with five stars. We should start marketing that, all our 5 stars go to the NFL

5 Likes

Depends on what you consider making it to the NFL is.

1 Like

The author of the article gave Herman this pass, “To be fair to the current Texas coaching staff, Tom Herman has only been in Austin for 3 seasons. Thus, this year, his first recruiting class will be seniors.”

The guys that graduated after the 2019 season had been “developed” by Herman’s staff for 3 years, the 2018 class 2 years and the 2017 class one. This does not change the fact that they were 4 and 5 star players in high school and weren’t developed better.

4 Likes

Let’s keep an eye on him bc his family will not get to see him play in person very often unless they have $25K to spend on travel each season. A potential transfer back home guy?!

Well, the whorns still have a top 10 class, so I dont think it is hurting them much in recruiting.

2 Likes

Always follow the money

But not a Top Ten program despite being helped by the polls every single year

1 Like

Which is to the point of why the kid chose Ohio State. Great Athletes, mediocre results.

1 Like

Deontay Greenberry was a five star and he certainly isn’t in the NFL.

1 Like

He made it to a NFL Camp though. I think if he stayed for the 2015 season he woulda been more NFL ready

1 Like

The main knock on Greenberry was his speed

1 Like

Damg i forgot him. I remember i got asked if UH paid players when he flipped from Norte Dame

1 Like

Really? I don’t remember honestly. I do remember that Pitt seemed to thing he was fast enough!!

1 Like

Great game

2 Likes

As was Markeith Ambles. We had two 5 star WRs on the field at the same time.

True. That was quite a tandem. The only difference was that Ambles was a transfer and Greenberry was came in from high school.

Greenberry’s 247 composite was 4*.

1 Like

As I understand, Ed Oliver was our first (and only) five star.

Greenberry was a four star, as I recall.

2 Likes

Wow, for some reason I thought he was a five star. My bad.