Herman just about out at UT and Meyer confirmed?

1 Like

To reimburse that booster, UT will probably buy some of his land in Houston. That’s the UT business model.

13 Likes

He should have stayed at Houston.

8 Likes

Absolutely he had it made here, but wanted the bright lights of Austin shining on hiss a$$.

1 Like

I get the feeling that Urban and Tom are not the best of buddies.

5 Likes

UT, getting rid of Herman?
I can see that happening especially since UT had 2 top recruits decommitting recently and one former UT commit said some bad things about Herman.

1 Like

After watching that related UT locker room video in this thread, who on here has ever heard that version of “the Eyes of Texas” with Tom Herman cast as lead vocalist? Oh wait…

2 Likes

You reap what you sew…Maybe Rice will come calling, TOM, your old stomping grounds in CUSA.

7 Likes

Derrick, I am thinking the same thing. Rice may be his best shot if he wants to continue coaching college FB.

He may try to sell them on his MENSA claim - but I’m not too sure that the Rice kids will buy it.

2 Likes

This is not going to happen. TH will return to UT in 2021.

5 Likes

Herman is gone, but I cannot see Meyer taking on a rebuild at this point.

1 Like

Based on what I’ve heard about Urban Meyer, there’s only one school he’ll leave retirement for to go back into coaching, Notre Dame. That is his dream job. He’s a devout Catholic and named after a pope. Being that religious, I can’t see him going to work for Satan’s school.

7 Likes

I think Urban can turnaround UT quickly if he took it.

I’m not sure where Herman will go from there. To be honest, I’m actually surprised that he hasn’t fared better at UT. When he left UH, I honestly thought that he would take UT to a NC.

It seems to me that it started falling apart almost immediately when he exited the UH program. The face twitch lie on national media, the ditching the leased car in the airport, all the UT hype and hubris, all of that was pretty slimy. Almost immediately after that, a lot of recruits were turned off with some going out and saying that they had very low trust in him. Say what you want, but UH has got some pull in setting a narrative. Maybe it was just Tilman.

5 Likes

The sharks are circling.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/longhornswire.usatoday.com/2020/11/04/texas-longhorns-football-recruiting-tom-herman-quinn-ewers-espn-struggle/amp/

1 Like

The win against Ok State just bought lyin Tom some time.

6 Likes

Meyer will take $7,000,000, but I don’t know if he can overcome the blasé Longhorn culture. Even the players feel flat while performing.

1 Like

That dead horse has been beaten to pulp.

2 Likes

People like to say how great he would’ve been if he stayed here…but there is no way to know how he would’ve done with his own recruits moving forward.

13 Likes

So I have no inside baseball on Whorn Football politics. Most of what I know comes from what I read on this board. Frankly, I couldn’t care less about Whorn anything, except for one thing that I can’t say on this board. But for you folks who hate the Whorns so much you actually pay attention to what goes on there, a question.

Is what is broken with Whorn football fixable by hiring a new coach, ANY new coach? Just my shallow opinion here but I don’t think Knute Freakin Rockne could fix Whorn football.

3 Likes

Wait, Urban Meyer is named after a Pope? Which one, Pope Uran or Pope Meyer?

1 Like