Herman loses to Tech in Austin

Kliff just saved his job methinks.

Gotta tell you, don’t mind Texas losing… EVER.

20 Likes

I don’t think we need three threads about it but this is pretty good news. Yay for CMD

All is right with the world!

2 Likes

Didn’t even realize Herman had six wins already. Was hoping they’d finish 5-7 again

6 Likes

Got lucky that West Virginia’s QB got hurt early in the game last week. Don’t worry, they can lose their bowl game to finish 6-7 and keep the losing season streak alive.

7 Likes

theyre honestly in the same position as us except they dont have a QB to save their asses

edit: or an Ed Oliver

https://twitter.com/mikefinger/status/934302836862701568

Texas losing makes everything… EVERYTHING… right in the world to me.

7 Likes

Charlie strong was also 6-6 after his first regular season there

we also lost to Tech at home. in a bowl, we would have a good shot of winning, except Herman usually prepares well given time. at leat he has on 2-3 occasions.

It’s been 15 years. Lots of intrigue to have that bowl game.

The way UT lost made it even sweeter. Having their young QB throw on 3rd and 2 with 2 mins left and Tech with only 1 timeout was very questionable for a MENSA-led team.

3 Likes

Could this day get any better?

9 Likes

We still have Aggie’s annual loss to LSU and Sumlin’s firing to look forward to tomorrow.

18 Likes

A pretty good weekend all together!

3 Likes

I truly wonder what the problem is up in Austin. Strong tried to change the culture, Herman drones on and on about culture yet every year they are mediocre. It is the wealthiest athletic program in America.

Since 2009, when they played in the BCS championship game, they are 52-48 (8 seasons). It is the first time since the 1930’s that they have gone 8 years without a conference championship. Since their first ranking in the AP poll in 1941, this is the ONLY 8 year stretch where they finished ranked only once (2012 when they finished 19th).

This is historic ineptitude on the 40 acres.

7 Likes

_'ONOFRIO HAS NO D ORLANDO WOULD NEVER GIVE UP 27 POINTS TO TEXAS TECH IN A LOSS

FIRE APPLEWHITE

3 Likes

Give UT a break. They have lesser parts up there to work with you know. :wink:

8 Likes

The sad thing was I even thought this was serious for a half second. Our fan base has lowered my expectations that much :smile:

1 Like

Was Orlando better than Gibbs? They were singing Gibbs praises but some unforced interceptions on UT’s part. D’Onofrio has been solid over the last couple games. If Tim Beck is due to be cut from UT, is the same for our OC? Is it the offense or is it that both UH and UT are playing with underclassmen QBs?

1 Like