HHR interview w/Taylor Eldridge (Wich St beat writer)

https://twitter.com/TheHRReview/status/1275446010907512839

This is a great episode with some good info that caught my interest.Taylor is a good source for info regarding Wichita St and the AAC.

Hopefully Kris will drop by and expand but he mentioned he thought there would be a lot of 4 guard lineups this year.

4 Likes

Ugh… @Jcoop9 and @HRReview…you guys are killing my productivity this morning! :smiley:

4 Likes

Eldridge is easily one of my favorites beat writers in the conference…he is extremely knowledgeable about basketball, regularly includes advance stats in his stories and goes over the specific type of plays Wichita was running, goes over strengths and weakness of opponents …will definitely try and give this a listen

3 Likes

@HRReview
Kris…great discussion with Taylor! Very informative…and @pesik is right…that guy knows a ton of stuff and can discuss it at a level that most people can understand. Excellent work Kris!

I recommend anyone who has been missing out on sports to give this a listen. You’ll learn quite a bit about WSU and the other teams in the American.

1 Like

It’s good to hear outside perspective on the conference not through the Hou lens sometimes. I always read Eldridge’s stuff so I knew it would be good. Wish we had more AAC hoops media like this.

This got me thinking about a lineup of:

Sasser
Mills
Grimes
Jarreau/Mark
Powell/Gresham/Chaney

I wish we still had Hinton. That would be unfair.

2 Likes

just finished a really good listen, i doubt there are many media people (if any) more knowledgeable about the aac as a whole as he is …
the 4 guard line up will be interesting to see if we implement it

2 Likes

Thanks for listening to the interview. Taylor does great work covering The American.

My goal is to interview other AAC beat writers in the future.

As far as 4 guard lineup projections - this is not a knock on Sasser whatsoever - I envision Grimes, Jarreau, Mills, and Mark finishing games in conference play. Most folks agree Tramon Mark is a special talent. As the season progresses, I think Tramon will earn more amd more minutes.

2 Likes

I could for sure see this.

The guard depth is just crazy considering what Sasser did to Cincy at the end of the year. That lineup is nasty.

I’m assuming Shead is going to redshirt based on CKS comments about playing 5 guards.

Interview with Joey Knight - USF beat writer - posted

1 Like

5 guards doesn’t mean only 5 guards will play and could vary from game to game.

I can see it going either way with Shead, but he will be good enough to help us in moments this season.

Jarreau, Mark, Grimes to go with Mills/Sasser is a lethal 4 guards set and we still have two quality guards off the bench.

Kris’ interview with Danielle Lerner, who will begin covering the Memphis Tigers while working for the Daily Memphian…

2 Likes

Cincinnati Bearcats’ beat writer, Justin Williams from The Athletic - Cincinnati), joined me to discuss Cinci and AAC hoops. ApplePodcasts, SoundCloud, Stitcher and other podcast platforms.

7 Likes

I created a page for my interviews with the AAC beat writers.

Working on contacting other beat writers to schedule a date and time with them.

3 Likes

New AAC interview posted on YouTube (and also podcast platforms).

Shawn Pastor covers Temple. Very knowledgeable. Must respect for the job Kelvin Sampson has done and continues to do at UH.

Since the Rockets’ season is finished, I’ll shift more focus to college hoops.

4 Likes