Hindsight Can Be Fun

As a few of us diehards were talking trash to UC fans on Twitter today, some poor misguided UC fan posted an article from College Football News predicting UC would beat UH 38-34. So, being the premiere researcher that I am, I went back to CFN’s Week 1 predictions and found this beauty that I promptly shared with our UC friend so he would fully understand the reliability of the source of his hope.

http://collegefootballnews.com/2016/oklahoma-vs-houston-game-preview-prediction-line-tv

Here are my favorite snippits:

Okay, Houston. You’ve had your moment. You got your piece of cake. You got your moment this offseason with the hype building around what might happen if and when you beat Oklahoma. But Sooners heard Houston mayor Sylvester Turner talking smack, too.

Yes, Houston is going to be good, but it also doesn’t have the offensive line to do much blasting away against the Oklahoma defensive front. It also doesn’t have a good enough secondary to hang around with the Sooner receivers once the Baker Mayfield machine gets rolling. If OU plays well and doesn’t royally screw up, it should have this.

Oklahoma’s Air Raid, sped-up style of offense might be thrilling, but get ready for the ground-and-pound with the running back tandem of Samaje Perine and Joe Mixon thundering away.

Yes, Houston is for real, but so is Oklahoma. The Sooners are about to show that they’re going to be deep in the hunt for a College Football Playoff spot again with a decisive and physical win on the road.

Oklahoma vs. Houston Prediction

Final Score: Oklahoma 38, Houston 23

Line: Oklahoma -10, o/u: 68

ATS Confidence: 5: Lock of the Century – 1: Move Along … 2.5

Ha, I remember that article; out of all the (mainly pro OU) articles that week, that might have been the worst.

Cincy fans love grasping at straws.