Holgerson quarterback recruiting

Improvement at WR will make him an even better passer. Meaning he won’t need to run

4 Likes

This. I’m hoping CDH and Carrier can take our very talented WRs and teach them better route running, better hands and MUCH better blocking.

Just out of curiosity, I wonder how many 3-and-outs we had last year because our WRs dropped passes that hit them in the hands. Our defense was terrible anyway, but those completely unavoidable 3-and-outs didn’t help.

6 Likes

I think Case was told NOT to run for fear of injury and the concerns that we really didn’t have a back up with his kind of skills or experience.

Improvement at WR and the OL will make King a Heisman candidate.

Murray looks smaller.

1 Like

This. A million times this.

Just a reminder. The season ending injury for Case occurred when he was trying to tackle a UCLA db who had intercepted him. So a QB does not have to be running the ball to get hurt.

1 Like

Well, obviously Holgorsen is going to prohibit interceptions from his QBs.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Exactly! I’m certain no one expected an injury for Case coming from him playing defense.

Keenum was trying to tackle Akeem Ayers, a 6’3" 250lb All-American linebacker. It went about how you’d expect.

But, in true Case form, he made the tackle !

No he didn’t, he whiffed on the tackle and the guy scored a TD. I love Case, but he didn’t make the tackle, but he blew out his ACL trying though. It was a hard lesson learned because I believe the week before the UCLA game he threw an interception and got concussed making the tackle.

2 Likes

You are 1000% correct Q. Not only did Case blow out his knee trying to make the tackle…he got schooled by the runner and really looked bad on that play. Love my boy, but facts is facts.

I stand corrected…I know Keenum tried to make the tackle.

He must have slowed the guy down enough so that someone else made the tackle as the guy (Ayers) did not score on the play !

So you are partially correct in that Case did not make the tackle.

In retrospect, guess I should have said that Case attempted to make the tackle.

"schooled by the runner " ?

Didn’t Sumlin tell him anytime he throws an interception to sprint for the sidelines after those incidents? I remember reading that somewhere.

2 Likes

Yep, I think it happened the week before.

Yes he did, but Case didn’t do it.

I was there. I posted on this before. scumlin & kingsbury did the following:
UCLA’s Neuheisel was in a down year & here is what happened. Right before the start the expletives & other insults were directed at the UCLA bench. scumlin & kingsbury went for a fourth down deep in our half in the first half. Our then Coaching staff did everything to rile them up. Neuheisel was very complementary of our Team. It made no sense. You could hear from the other side of the field how fired up the UCLA bench was by the insults. The next day Neuheisel did comment on local radio on what happened. He even said that he had never seen such arrogance. We had a terrible game plan, no respect & left Case with no protection. We had the “U of H Hollywood actors convention” next to us. We were not happy.

I think what pissed off UCLA was the kickoff. On the opening kick-off our front line of the receiving team, instead of running back and setting up a wedge, attacked immediately and obliterated probably half of their kick-off team. It was thought of as kind of an unwritten rule in their eyes not to attack defense less guys (because they were all looking up at the ball).