Holgorsen asks for patience after lopsided loss

Apologies if this was already posted. I haven’t seen it on this forum yet.

1 Like

To his credit we lost to 3 really good teams. Let’s judge on the rest and next yrs schedule with no covid will tell more. This yr isn’t a great yr to judge.

6 Likes

I’m watching, they are playing, it all counts so yes i am judging. I am glad Dana is addressing the obvious. We feel like we should be more competitive. We have to put a better product on the field. Everybody knows it

3 Likes

You go with what you got. I am sure he wants to win too!

1 Like

Actually all I know is what a cluster F**k, the previous 4 years were before he got here, especially as it refers to recruiting !!

6 Likes

Will next year or the year after that be when i won’t have to hear this excuse anymore? The product on the field is up to the current coaching staff.

4 Likes

If we had a legitimate rival, he could buy some time by beating the rival. I grew up in Ohio during the Woody Hayes years and the mantra there was that as long as the team beat Bitchigan, Hayes would have a job. They could be 1-10 and fans would rest easy if the 1 was against the Team Up North.

What are you talking about, he just needs to go down to Players R Us and pick up some better players this week and have them ready by Saturday.

3 Likes

We recruited better then, than we are now if you look at composite rankings, so…

I don’t get how we had such an explosive offense that regularly was considered a “double edged sword” to not scoring, with virtually the same if not better players. Yes, our defense has improved slightly. But,I feel we weren’t that bad before that we couldn’t at least stay competitive with every team we have played thus far. Its mind boggling.

I’m not a recruiting nut, but I find it hard to believe that recruiting under Herman and Apple Boy was very good. Certainly we have some good to great players from those years playing now. However, the O Line and D Line recruiting suffered during those times…not to mention, the wasting of potential RS years !

3 Likes

That IS NOT going to fly…no one cares about that! We want to beat those teams. No excuses. Now, we do want to see better results, but excuses won’t fly. You have to win your schedule. Losing to the best team on your schedule year end and out gets old quickly. You have to find ways of beating those teams.

3 Likes

PATIENCE - is one commodity that has become very scarce among Cougar fans!!! The better question might be HOW LONG do we have to be patient!

12 Likes

College Football fans are like the fat man standing in front of the microwave screaming “hurry up!”

17 Likes

If you want to laugh today, read about the “Toledo War” between Michigan and Ohio. It was like the Keystone Kops meets The Three Stooges.

1 Like

5PEhttps://m.youtube.com/watch?v=myZ32Pf-5PE

Without #5 and until Tune figured out that Smith can go deep as well, we were limiting our passing game to intermediate throws. Cincy is a very good team and they saw how UCF played us, they just did it better.

*expensive mircrowave

Well, for us old timers, for 25 years, we had coach Yeoman…

I remember him being hung in effigy after year 2 … I think.

… then for the next 30 years, we have had 10 different coaches, seemingly ALL with other objectives.

However, not surprising with TV money and dreams of championships…”kinda” determined on the field.

3 Likes

Oh, I’m very familiar with it. In my opinion, Ohio lost!