Holy Crap! Nebraska IS going rogue!

Check this out!!!

1 Like

Not going to happen

…It’s a bold strategy Cotton, let’s see if it pays off for them

8 Likes

Throw Tulane in the AAC East and let Nebraska borrow UConn’s old seat

4 Likes

The NCAA is dead as of today. Every man for himself.

https://twitter.com/peterburnsespn/status/1293281094545145857?s=21

3 Likes

Not Happening

No it’s not…thats just drama queen snivel from ESPN , who is drowning as a network

7 Likes

Yep ESPN is going to layoff a lot of people this fall.

3 Likes

You think ESPN will wait until the Fall to layoff their regular working folks?

They will do it by Friday! Likely tomorrow.

These companies don’t wait any longer on layoffs.The only thing that they have to worry about is the WARN act which requires 60 days notice of a mass layoff but there are work arounds that.

I’ve also been hereing that players are considering transferring to schools who are playing.

It’s going to be interesting. I think we could use a few more players.
https://247sports.com/Article/Could-Big-Ten-Pac-12-players-transfer-to-other-schools-this-fall-150147502/

1 Like

I think you meant “Warren Act”…:+1:

1 Like

We passed through Nebraska on our way to the Black Hills. Stopped at a restaurant, put on our masks and people thought we were aliens. Nobody masked and they had a concert that weekend. They had no issues with Wuhan which plays into Frost’s attitude

1 Like

Worker
Adjustment
Retraining
Notificaton
WARN act

Federal Plant Closing / lay-off law

1 Like

Wow…didn’t know about that one !
I thought it was a spellcheck miss !
Thanks !

1 Like

In 2008 I worked in a For-Profit College that was going out of business. I was a teacher so I had 18 months from the announcement.

100% of The admission staff was out the door by 11am on the day of the announcement. 80% of Financial Aid by the end of the week. Need to keep some around for several months processing paperwork.

I had 18months until the current students all graduated.

The whole process is sad especially when you know it is for ever.

In the ESPN case I would think that most people would have jobs to return to. No way do they keep all the production staff on the entire time

1 Like

Am I right in assuming you are a union hand?

Yes. Now.

The layoffs were not during my union career.

Yes, after a very long time after the layoff (about 5 year of doing other work) I got a job as a staff representative (as opposed to an elected) of a union.

Now…it all make sense !

1 Like

Spent some time on buckeye247 and husker247 boards. It’s hilarious how their fans are piling into Big 10, and holding up the Big 12 as an example of what the Big 10 should have done. There is even talk of Ohio State and Nebraska joining Big 12 for a season, and Nebraska fans talking about returning to the Big 12. I was laughing so loud, my gf thought I was watching a comedy movie.

2 Likes

Good for Ohio State and NB, give your conference the finger!

1 Like