Home Game Color Coordination Dress Code

Saw this floating on Twitter. Can’t see ECU but I am assuming its Cougar Red.

Rice - Upper Level wear Red, Lower Level wear White
SMU - North Side wear White, South Side wear Red
Memphis - Wear Black

bleh. Just show up.

1 Like

Never been a fan of the color coordination thing and if you’re going to do it, do like the NBA and provide the shirts to wear.

Agree with you, Stealth, just show up.

2 Likes

People love t-shirts…

I highly doubt they will give out free shirts to 40000 people. While you and others may not be a fan of it, the bigger picture is to make the game more visually appealing to viewers and more importantly, RECRUITS. This gives UH a “cool” factor that would improve our image and I’m sure these are the games recruits will be at. It’s just good marketing especially since these will be our most viewed games of the season.

2 Likes

I think that should be on every single schedule they print. If the message doesn’t get out then it doesn’t work. When it works it’s actually very cool to see in my opinion.

1 Like

A simple solution would be for the tickets to be the color of the “dress code” as a reminder.

1 Like

Or at least your mobile ticket can have a banner in the same color as the “dress code”…

Pretty much everybody usually wears red so a solution for the Rice game, would just do free white shirts for the lower level. I’m sure a sponsor would pick up that cost or part of it to put their logo on the shirts. A little tougher when you want a whole side to do it. Perhaps they already have this in mind since there are sponsors listed by those games.

1 Like

I’m an older guy so I have no idea if it has an effect on recruiting or not; most of the time I see it on TV and think it’s cheesy. I’ve always been a fan of the “sea of red” that we usually have at the games as it’s much more eye-pleasing and intimidating.

Don’t get me wrong, I’ll begrudgingly be there in the shirts they say to be in.

GOMS at its finest!

Grumpy Old Man Syndrome, LOL

2 Likes

Just sneaks up on you one day. :sob:

4 Likes

You got your wish! The tickets say who should wear what and the one blackout ticket is black (or at least gray).

Why do we always do blackouts against teams that wear black on a regular basis

Also having the lower bowl wear white against rice has pretty huge backfire potential since the lower bowl is generally better-populated

Plus that and the north/south split for the smu game are just weird.

But! will they have one singular row of seats wearing blue?

1 Like

I am going to assume that they have shirt sponsors for the lower bowls. Otherwise, the chances are people will forget. We won’t, but the general public without season tickets will blow it off.

This whole idea is good for ONE game as a thing to do but not all games. We’re gonna get RECKT! by our fanbase if we thing otherwise. lol

1 Like

They really need to run these things by us first, the Whose House of Representatives.

3 Likes

I am with you guys, the only way this works is UH providing the shirts they want us to wear. Otherwise, we are in red.

It’s nice when different parts of the AD communicate ahead of time and logic prevails.