Why I love CKS: his honest talk about Gabe Grant and Chris Harris and how’s he able to make it interesting.
I am a strong believer that coach is going to turn Harris into a decent player. Harris, at times, leaves his feet way too early. And he also tends to lean into the shooter, causing fouls. He will learn and could be pretty good. He is so much like Izundu was here, but I don’t detect the same attitude. I think Harris actually wants to learn and get better.
That said, I bet Sampson has someone like Elvin or Akeem working with him during the off season…
There is a not a problem with Harris’s game that isn’t fixable. He had some solid defensive moments and he is getting better at rebounds. If he buys in he could be a real good one for us.
I am just happy seeing an interior presence on the floor.
CKS is a pro !
• ECU brings a 7-9 overall record and 1-4 mark in The American into Sunday’s game.
• Thursday’s game will be the first of two regular-season meetings against the Pirates… Team close out regular-season series at 2 p.m. Feb. 25, inside H&PE Arena in Houston.
• In its most recent action, ECU dropped a 95-60 decision to No. 5/5 Wichita State on Thursday night in Greenville, N.C.
• Pirates have lost their last two games and four of their last five.
• Against Wichita State, senior guard B.J. Tyson led all players with 16 points on 6-of-16 shooting and grabbed four rebounds with a pair of assists… Junior forward Kentrell Barkley finished with 14 points and four rebounds, while freshman forward Dimitri Spasojevic added 10 points with a team-high six boards… Junior guard Isaac Fleming came off the bench to lead ECU with three assists.
• This season, Tyson leads ECU with 15.8 points per game… Barkley ranks second on the team with 12.5 points and 6.3 rebounds per game… Fleming stands third with 12.2 points per game but leads the team with 4.7 assists per contest… Senior forward Jabari Craig averages a team-high 6.6 rebounds per contest.
• Head Coach Michael Perry is in his first season as head coach at ECU and his sixth season as an NCAA Division I collegiate head coach… Perry took over as ECU’s interim head coach on Nov. 29 following the resignation of Jeff Lebo.
• Has compiled a 5-5 record at ECU and is 67-80 record during his career… Previously built a 62-75 record at Georgia State (2002-17).
• Sunday’s game will be the first time that Perry has faced Houston during his career.
• Perry is 0-1 against Houston Head Coach Kelvin Sampson during their careers… The two coaches first met during the 2002-03 season in Sampson’s Oklahoma tenure and Perry’s first season at Georgia State.
• 1981 graduate of Richmond.
Ugly, ugly game so far.
4-4 with 15:30 left in the half.
14-9 Coogs with 10:54 left in the half.
ECU is awful
19-9 with 9:20 left.
Van Beck with 5 straight points.
24-9 Coogs with 7:47 to go
We playing that lockdown defense now.
Davis is shooting lights out
28-12 Coogs 3:54 in the half.
Yep. White looking good too
All Coogs at halftime:
Coogs playing well defensively opponent helping with that. We are a good deep team. Brady showing well in first start back, he is a force to be reckoned with down low on both sides. We are efficiently handling our business on the road.
espn3 guys on Van Beck…“he’s not a shooter…he’s a maker”
49-25 Coogs with 15:19 to go
Corey Davis is on fire
51-27 Coogs with 11:17 to go
58-31 Coogs with 7:57 to go
Taking care of business today