• Tulane brings a 13-10 overall record and 4-7 mark in The American into Sunday’s game… Green Wave stands in 10th in the latest league standings.
• In its most recent action, Tulane dropped a 91-89 decision in overtime at Tulsa on Thursday night.
• Was Tulane’s second straight loss and fourth in its last five games… Only a 71-69 win in overtime at ECU prevents a longer streak.
• Against Tulsa, Samir Sehic came off the bench to lead the Green Wave with 21 points on 8-of-11 shooting… Guard Jordan Cornish finished with 20 points, thanks to three 3-pointers, with five assists, while guard Cameron Reynolds added 17 points, 10 rebounds and a pair of steals… Guard Colin Slater posted 14 points with a team-high seven assists in the loss.
• This season, guard Melvin Frazier leads Tulane with 15.6 points per game… Reynolds stands second on the team with 15.9 points per game but leads the Green Wave with 6.6 rebounds per contest… Sehic moved into third with 10.9 points per game, and Cornish ranks fourth with 10.3 points per game… Ray Ona Embo is the fifth Green Wave player averaging double digits with 10.2 points per game and leads the team with 3.3 assists per game. • Head Coach Mike Dunleavy is in his second season at Tulane and as an NCAA collegiate head coach.
• Has compiled an 19-35 collegiate record at Tulane and during his career.
• Posted a 613-716 record in 17 years with four teams as an NBA head coach. • Previously served as head coach of the NBA’s Los Angeles Clippers (215-326 record, 2003-10); Portland Trail Blazers (190-106 record, 1997-01); Milwaukee Bucks (107-221 record, 1992-96) and Los Angeles Lakers (101-63 record, 1990-92).
• Dunleavy is 1-2 against Houston during his career… Dunleavy is 1-2 against Houston Head Coach Kelvin Sampson during their careers.
• 1976 graduate of South Carolina.
13-7 Coogs with 14:50 left in the half.
Frazier has all 7 for Tulane, but Coogs having no problems on offense.
The energy is there early today. Just keep applying the pressure…Frazier can’t keep this pace up. Should be able to pull away at some point.
19-7 with 11:45 left
Tulane still hasn’t stopped the Coogs
Good start for the Coogs.
Tulane looks tired
23-9 Coogs with 7:57 left
CKS got really upset with the refs after that last foul. Not happy they didn’t call the same thing on Galen’s drive.
Yeah, they’re really letting a lot of contact happen when we’re on offense.
33-12 Coogs with 3:15 left
Coogs looking good so far.
The defense today…it’s ridiculous. Very enjoyable game to watch…so far.
Rob’s shot looks so smooth today.
This is the result I expected. Coogs killing it right now.
Lol - and then he misses.