Houston at Oklahoma State (3:00pm on Fox Southwest) (W 63-53)

I agree about during the week.

We are now 2-0 vs “P5” and the announcers said this is a “big 12” type of game. Go Coogs!!!

2 Likes

They don’t really classify as P5 for basketball. At least they don’t put us in the Mid-Major category either. AAC is good basketball league. Maybe not in top 3 leagues but would put them in that 4-6 or 7 as someone else mentioned. Teams like Tulsa doing good for league when they were supposed to be down this year. Great week for them with W’s over Okie St n KS ST. .

3 Likes

Thats right, with basketball the American is classified as a high major along with the Big East and big conferences. Surprised to see Tulsa beat Kansas State. That will help the conference also.

5 Likes

Regardless, happy for the Coogs and their road win!

2 Likes

In hoops you have the P5 leagues, but The Big East and AAC are just a hair below them in terms of reputation.

1 Like

Actually they kept saying that OK State better get ready because they will be playing big boys in the big 12 soon !!

Typical slight !!

1 Like

I didn’t take it that way. I took as them saying playing Houston in the final 5 minutes will be a lot of what they see in the Big12. Saying we are playing Big12 caliber basketball.

2 Likes

The “big boys of the Big 12” I believe have a losing record against the American this year, if I’m not mistaken. I could be wrong we but we have quite a few wins against that conference.

We have proven now in basketball and football we can compete against most if not all the Big12 teams. The Big 12 is run by a bunch of idiots. The small schools like Baylor, TCU, Tech and some others created the death sentence to the Big 12 because they incentivized OU and UT to leave by voting not to expand. They are also too dumb to realize that when A&M left they took a chunk of the Houston TV market with them to the SEC, but in true UT arrogance they think they are the Houston market. Is has been shown time and time again that Houstonians watch UH games when they are on national TV. I am going to laugh at Tech, Baylor, and TCU when they get relegated to a conference like the AAC when UT and OU leave the Big 12.

1 Like

Yup I think the aac is 5-2 overall against the big 12.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Houston 1-0
Tulsa 2-0
SMU 0-1
Memphis 0-2
Wichita State 1-1

Tied at 4-4 at this point. Mostly our best beating their worst and their best beating our worst.

2 Likes

Damn I was wrong lol
Forgot about Memphis and smu

This is a good team because they play very good D!

3 Likes

I watched TCU vs SMU, also TCU vs USC. TCU looks pretty good this year. Good guard play and they’re tall inside. Jamie Dixon is a good coach. As I type this New Mexico State is leading KU by 6 with 11:30 left in the game.

That West Coast Conference with Gonzaga is pretty good. The Mountain West isn’t bad.

This UH team, with no current rotation guys listed over 6’8" mauled yet another “power” conference team on the glass. That’s such a testimate to these guys’ toughness and intelligence on the court, plus an excellent coaching and S&C staff (the S&C part I think gets overlooked).

8 Likes

Alan Bishop is the dude!!

3 Likes

Routinely makes me realize how weak I am