• Four different Cougars homered in the same game for the first time since a 24-6 win over Rice on May 17, 2016.
• Triolo tied his season high with a three-hit effort. The Austin native finished 3-for-4 with a single, double and home run, two RBI and three runs scored.
• Bielamowicz was 3-for-5 with two singles, one home run, two RBI and two runs scored.
• Hyland turned in a 2-for-4 showing with a double and home run. He also recorded a walk and had two RBI and two runs scored.
• Davis was 2-for-4 with a single, home run, walk, RBI and run scored.
• Fuentes III finished 2-for-5 with a triple, two RBI and one run scored.
• Way was 2-for-2 with a double and run scored.
• Lockhart Jr. finished 1-for-5 with one RBI, run scored and stolen base.
_• Thomas, who came off the bench as a pinch runner in the third inning, recorded an RBI single to highlight a 1-for-2 showing. _
• In total, eight Cougars hit safely in the win.
• Burckel stole two bases with both coming in the second inning.
• Junior southpaw Brayson Hurdsman (1-0) picked up his first win of the season. The native of St. George, Utah, tossed two and one-third innings of relief. He surrendered two runs (one earned) on three hits while striking out the side in the fourth inning.
• Senior Ryan Randel was taxed for five runs in the start, recording one walk and one strikeout.
• Junior Devon Roedahl came on for the final out of the fifth inning and lasted into the eighth. He limited SHSU to just two hits and one walk while fanning three.
• Junior Fred Villarreal logged the final inning and two-thirds to clinch the Don Sanders Cup.