• UCF brings a 14-7 overall record and 5-4 mark in The American into Saturday’s game.
• Knights are tied with Memphis and Tulsa for fourth in the latest league standings.
• In its most recent action, UCF claimed a 70-61 win inside CFE Arena in Orlando on Saturday night.
• Was the Knights’ second win in their last three games.
• Against UConn, junior guard B.J. Taylor led all players with 20 points on 7-of-10 shooting from the field… Junior forward Chad Brown added 10 points with a team-high eight rebounds while senior forward A.J. Davis totaled 10 points, thanks to a 7-of-10 performance from the free throw line… Junior guard Dayon Griffin came off the bench to score 12 points with a pair of 3-pointers.
• This season, Taylor leads the Knights with 15.0 points per game… Junior center Tacko Fall ranked second on the team with 11.3 points and 7.3 rebounds per game but recently was lost for the season with a shoulder injury… Davis stands third among the Knights with 10.3 points per game, while sophomore guard Terrell Allen is tops with 3.5 assists per contest.
• Head Coach Johnny Dawkins is in his 2nd season at UCF and his 10th season overall as an NCAA collegiate head coach.
• Has compiled an 38-19 record at UCF and is 194-134 during his career.
• Previously built a 156-115 record at Stanford (2008-16).
• Dawkins is 2-1 against Houston during his career, including a 1-1 mark with UCF.
• Dawkins is 1-1 against Houston Head Coach Kelvin Sampson during their careers, with both previous meetings coming in 2016-17 during Dawkins’ UCF and Sampson’s Houston careers.
• 1986 graduate of Duke.
Almost gametime boys
Big game today. Need this win.
IMO, the 2 keys today are 1) Galen’s defense on Taylor, and 2) Rob getting back on track on the offensive end. Should be able to see a lot of Devin and Fabian on the court at the same time
Agreed…need to keep Taylor in check and Gray has to start hitting his shots. If both happen, we win easily.
They really struggle for offense other than Taylor
CKS saying in the pregame that we have to figure out how to keep the big men out of foul trouble. Says the bigs have to stop being so handsy and alludes to the fact that there are things out of their control (refs), but that there are things that they can control.
Pray, you are correct. This is a biggie for us. We need to somehow put Cincy behind. Our defense today extremely important.
North, I don’t think we will have to worry about our defense today. It’s all about intensity and they know today is one they need to take care of.
Brady picks up his 1st foul with 18:10 left in the half
So many Davis’s on the court
good start. we basically getting anything we want on offense.
12-6 Coogs with 14:03 left in the half
Gray has 5 early and the Coogs are controlling the pace
17-11 Coogs with 11:56 left in the half
Fabian White picks up 2 quick fouls at 11:38 in the half