Houston Cougar Football Head Coach vote

Who Will Replace Tom Herman at UH? Here’s a Cheat Sheet.

1 Like

I am really torn right now between Holgerson, Leach, Riley and Orlando. If only we could hire one of the first 3 and keep Orlando as DC. I know that’s a pipe dream, but to me, that’s best case scenario.

I like your dream scenario.

I’m torn between Kiffin and Orlando.

Appears Baylor is going after Sonny Dykes

Baylor is trying for Dykes after Fedora and Morris (at a minimum) turned down the job. Miles may have also. They may end up with a coordinator or fcs guy.

In other news BU/UH are having a discussion about Briles today.

Since we are dreaming, I would prefer Holgorsen, who could bring in Jake Spavital from Cal and Zac from TT. Terrific recruiters. And of course, we could keep TO, bring him up to 7-figures with Herman’s buyout $, and watch Herman struggle on D at Whornsville!

Otherwise, I was very impressed with TO’s presser and see him as a very realistic candidate for HC. Wonder if MA would stay? He’s sure not going to UT.

1 Like

Awesome. Hope they can get something in writing so UH will be pulled into the lawsuits. That’s always fun.

You may want to ask the Aggies how they feel about Jake Spavital. He was not received favorably there.

I think we’d all be very happy with that scenario. I hope our boosters are willing pay our coordinators the extra money to stay. Frankly, I’d like to keep Applewhite as well. Holgerson or Leach while while keeping our coordinators would be the best scenario.

Pj fleck is interesting.

P.J. Fleck has an overall record of 28-22, just not sure that’s what we are looking for.

He’s been 8-5 or better each of the last 3 years, though. If you take out his 1-11 record in 2013, he’s 28-10.

1 Like

He was 1-11, 8-5, and 7-6 his first three years
We fired Tony Levine after he went 5-7, 8-5, and 7-5

1 Like

We’re not Western Michigan. We went 13-1 the year before we hired Levine. WMU went 4-8 the year before they hired Fleck.

That said, I’m still in the camp that believes Levine got a worse rep than he deserved, so…

2 Likes

I like leach, but want no part of him on Cullen.

I wonder if Riley could be HC/OC and Charlie strong the DC on a $1 salary.