Houston Football Adds Four Transfers

http://www.uhcougars.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/061317aaa.html

https://twitter.com/markbermanfox26/status/874640080949956609

New of the other three, but Jenkins was a surprise. He was recruited by D’Onofrio at Miami and is a senior, but not a grad transfer. Good player, but was dismissed from Miami in February for team violations. He had been suspended before for other issues. Talented, hard nosed player that made an impact for Miami the last three years.

Interesting to know that CMD still has fans in Miami especially that in comes in the form of a former player.

I’m concerned about his past troubles but I don’t see CMA accepting a transfer of a troubling kid without doing his own research into the players past.

So unless Jenkins turns it around, he may not be here in two years. Definitely a stretch for the Coogs, However, we need another practice play in the meanwhile.

Pray, how do you see Jenkins fitting in the DL rotation this season? Always nice to have more big uglies for rest and in case of injury, but playing time is going to come at a premium there. We might have a top 10 DL nationally.

1 Like

He won’t. He has to sit out this season as he is not a graduate transfer.

No reason not to take him. CMA will have a year to evaluate him with no risk. If a kid can stay out of trouble for a year its a very good sign.

Thanks, helps to read the whole quote I guess. :joy:

I like adding the fire hydrant type DTs of Chevis this year & Jenkins in 18 to free up Big Ed.

They should have a huge impact not seen in their own stats.

Does that apply when he was previously dismissed? HE isn’t technically even a transfer. Would just be an enrollee.
Also, just because he was going into his senior season as a player doesn’t mean he hasn’t graduated since that february article.

How many DL will we have on the team next season? Goodness!

I believe the rule is in place to keep players from purposefully acting up in order to get dismissed and transfer somewhere else immediately. Technically, the school can ask for a waiver and the NCAA can review, but it looks like that wont happen in this case.

According to the article, Jenkins has been suspended for academic reasons in the past so he probably isn’t going to graduate this summer as a 3 year grad. That’s ok, let’s get the young man on the right path for his degree, immerse him in the culture, and unleash him next year. We’re stacked at DL this year anyway and having him replace Chevis the next year keeps us stacked the following year.

Wished UH could of gotten that Clemson cornerback graduated transfer.

2 Likes

Does Jenkins take up a scholarship for this year as he sits out, or does that only happen next year when he’s eligible?

Takes up one this year while he redshirts.

1 Like

Thanks @pray10. As always, your knowledge appears endless.

3 Likes

I am going to leave this one on the coaches as far as Jenkins goes, and only hope he has matured.

1 Like

Also counts against this year’s or last year’s 25.

1 Like

Stole Jenkins from UCONN:

https://twitter.com/uconnfbfacts/status/874655229769285633

1 Like