Houston hosts Texas A&M - Tuesday @6:30pm (W 4-1)

Houston (21-15, 6-6 The American) vs. Texas A&M (27-10-1, 9-5-1 SEC)
April 16 | Don Sanders Field at Darryl & Lori Schroeder Park
Live Stats | Live Stream | Live Audio
All-Time Series: Houston trails, 57-113-1

ON TEXAS A&M
• The Aggies enter the week with a 27-10-1 record.
• A&M, which ranks as high as No. 7 in the polls, is coming off a 2-1 series win over Auburn.
• Junior shortstop Braden Shewmake leads the Aggies in batting average (.329), slugging percentage (.490), hits (51) and RBI (32), and is also tied for the team lead in doubles (8).
• Sophomore closer Kasey Kalich is tied for sixth in the nation in saves (9), while sophomore southpaw Asa Lacy is seventh in seventh strikeouts (7).
• Shewmake was named to the Rawlings Preseason All-America Third Team, while junior southpaw John Doxakis was tabbed to the D1Baseball.com Preseason All-America Second Team. The two Aggies were also named to Preseason All-SEC Second Team.
• A&M, who went 40-22 and 13-17 in league play in 2018, was tabbed to finish fifth in SEC Western Division in the league’s annual Preseason Poll.
• A&M is batting .263 as a team and has a 2.88 ERA, which ranks seventh in the nation, compared to opponents’ .221 average and 5.32 ERA.

Huge, huge game. A win would shoot the Cougars into the upper 30s of the RPI and give the Coogs another win over a Top 15 team. Resume builder tonight.

1 Like

Let’s go COOGS!!!

1 Like

I’ll be there with three Aggie friends. My Coog buddy had to bail so hopefully the team comes out ready.

Go coogs! Can’t make the game but will be listening to it

https://twitter.com/uhcougarbb/status/1118280406904688640?s=21

Me neither, but we will be listening too…Go Coogs. Thanks far all you do pray10!!! Man, I wanted to go so bad! The costs of wage slavery LOL

1 Like

Have to use the audio broadcast to get the sound for the video on my PC

1 Like

Bottom 1st

Leadoff single followed by a double by Way scores Triolo…Coogs lead 1-0

Davis grounds out, Fuentes walks, Bielo grounds into a FC, Fuentes forced at 2nd, Cherry singles scoring Way, Bielo to 3rd…Coogs lead 2-0

Hyland Ks to end the inning

T2…UH 2-0

Bottom 2nd

Leadoff HBP by Burckel, Lovelace then reaches on a single, but a throwing error by the pitcher allows Burckel to score…Coogs lead 3-0

Triolo flies out to center, Lovelace to 3rd. Way Ks. Davis intentionally walked. Fuentes flies out to right.

T3…UH 3-0

Randel pitching well tonight so far.

1 Like

Top 6th

Leadoff double (1st hit for A&M). Goes to 2nd on a groundout to Burckel, scores on a groundout to Davis…Coogs lead 3-1

Line out to Triolo ends the inning. Randel has faced one over the minimum through 6.

M6…UH 3-1

Since our broadcast is talking about Dave South…

I remember we were playing A&M in the final game of the College Station Regional (I don’t remember the year) Dave South kept talking about how to get your tickets for the upcoming Super Regional they were fixing to host. We started coming back and Aggies message board kept posting “SHUT-UP DAVE!!!” because they thought he was jinxing them.

We came back and won the game and the regional, it was great.

3 Likes

How is crowd, Coog fans vs Aggie fans I’m scared to ask lol

Lol, sounds like a very “Aggie” thing to do. Glad the coogs stuck into them and advanced that year.

1 Like

Need to hang on. 2 men on, no outs Aggs top 7.
3 runs prob won’t be enough.

1 Like

Packed house. Maybe one third are aggies.

5 Likes

Top 7th

Leadoff walk, followed by a single to right. Sac bunt moves the runners to 2nd and 3rd. Rooney pulls Randel and brings in Bretz

Grounder to Triolo, he goes home and gets the runner, runners on the corners. Groundout to 1st.

M7…UH 3-1

1 Like

Good I’m glad we are showing well for fan support

1 Like

Thanks for posting updates.

1 Like