Houston hosts Texas A&M - Tuesday @6:30pm (W 4-1)

Agree, the mound was clay/dirt when the turf was first installed, why did they turf it…doesnt look good.

2 Likes

Did they bitch about it when they won the regional here in 2017.

Screw them we outplayed them last night. So take the loss and quit bitching.

7 Likes

I can’t agree with this enough.I don’t think the camera successfully followed (or even attempted to follow) one ball off of a bat through the first 4 or 5 innings. The All-Access is bad and this is supposed to be a premium service.

4 Likes

Nothing good ever comes from reading other schools boards. :wink::grinning:

3 Likes

Great news to hear the final, especially after having to watch sons team get absolutely mauled tonight .

I was born with a hatred for TUrds but the Sheep Heerders are gawd awful these days. Those arrogant clowns and their SEC SEC SEC chants…act like they made the SEC…

The video feed we use is awful. If we put up a good HD feed I would pay. Anyone know who much it would cost us to put up a better feed? Maybe have students run it? How many more people would buy the cougar all access?

3 Likes

1 Like

True dat!

1 Like

Texags is in preemptive meltdown mode right now after LSU’s AD announced he was stepping down. Looks like Woodward is LSU’s top candidate.

1 Like

Students are running the feed; That’s some of the problem.

Hoping the new ESPN+ contract forces them to get this fixed.

2 Likes

I think conference boards are even worse. It’s just people arguing about why you should care about their school. They’re not convincing anyone.

2 Likes

Actually they did, and I hate to say it but I think our field can be improved too. We should have dirt in the infield and around the bases. Just my opinion…

1 Like

We should do what the Diamondbacks did for their field

I love this:

This is better than the current look, would prefer dirt around the bases though:

1 Like

I guess this is current:

We went to all turf for two reasons: 1) money; it’s cheaper to maintain the current all turf field and 2) weather; it’s easy to get back to playing as the field drains quickly without having to get a tarp out to cover the dirt.

Honestly, it’s not ideal, but we don’t exactly have a ton of money to spend. We also aren’t the only school to utilize the all-turf field and I doubt we’re the only school that A&M has played that utilizes an all-turf field.

1 Like

Vanderbilt has all turf field.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/elkpga/status/1118524284970909697

https://twitter.com/UHCougarBB/status/1118559754085748742

1 Like