Houston LB Jordan Moore enters the transfer portal

I have thought about this long and hard. It’s been a tough year. After much reflection and talking it over with my family I have decided to respect Jordan Moore’s decision.

7 Likes

When your QB has as many tackles as a LB then either your QB is very good at defense or the LB might not be a good fit.

According to the 2020 statistics they both had 3 tackles. I dont think this is a big loss. Silver lining? More closely to gold.

Looks like a kid who just want going to crack the depth chart very far for whatever reason. Happens all the time, and it z I’m putting in all that work I would want to play significant time as well. Best of luck to him finding a new home that’s a better fit.

I’m far from a poly about things, but when down chart guys transfer I don’t see it as a huge deal unless it’s an absolute exodus that decimates depth. And that’s what this is a guy kind of buried in a pretty deep group who wants to play.

2 Likes

Giena,
Thank you for posting here. As a long time fan I rarely post but read a lot. Your down to earth fact based style inspired me to say …please keep it going !
Go Coogs !

6 Likes

Thank you! :blush:

I know Jordan’s family well. They are from my hometown. His grandfather is UH great Charlie Hall. I have no insight as to why Jordan didn’t see the field more. But I can’t blame him for trying to go somewhere else where he can make more of a contribution. All I know is 1) He’s a really great athlete who will be a blessing to someone’s team. 2) He’s from a fantastic family. 3) Since he obviously wasn’t a huge part of UH’s plans, I think we should all just wish him well.

21 Likes

Amen to this! And let me add that Charlie Hall was one of the best linebackers to ever wear Coog red! He had a long and good career starting for the Browns

5 Likes

That does look like a good group. I know mutin was showing a lot of promise. I just hope that they can all stay healthy. I was bummed out about not getting to enjoy Stevenson’s last season at UH. Dang injuries.

2 Likes

The linebacker group is not the same group that play this position. Moore played our nickel back which is like a roving linebacker with safety duties in our D. Stewart and i guess Anderson now have that spot.

It seems a lot have moved around. Lots of hybrid players, that is good.

3 Likes