Houston... leap into the top tier of G5 (athletic)

Unless you are VP of Finance. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Would you include UH in that?

1 Like

Without a doubt… Across the board in all sports and academics.

I agree about it all except football lol

1 Like

We’ve been down a couple of years but you can’t keep a team from Houston down in football for long… Too much talent around here to stink for too long.

But I agree with you based on the last 2 seasons.

Our record is roughly 50% in the win loss column so I’m not sure history backs that claim.

3 Likes

What is the W-L record of the P5 dregs…?

What’s that got to do with our win loss record being situated in a historic hotbed of recruiting?

I was saying we are better than the dregs of the P5 regularly because we’re in Houston… You said our W-L doesn’t reflect that… So I asked if our W-L is better than the dregs… Make sense?

I don’t think this us a fair assessment. We’ve gone .500 or better 13 out of the last 18 seasons. I wouldn’t call that “pretty terrible.”

1 Like

College Football is not a barely above .500 type of sport. We need to consistently do much better than that to become relevant

2 Likes

Across the board other than men’s basketball and track explain to me where we excell

1 Like

I said across the board we’re better than the dregs of the P5… Not that we excel across the board. But I’d say we’re better, on average, in baseball, men’s basketball, track, golf, football and women’s diving than the dregs of the P5.

The dregs of P5 have much more money!

3 Likes

Can you provide a list of thse dregs and we can compare? I’m thinking they make way more than is and probably have higher attendance.

Since I’m recovering from Easter linner, I went ahead and looked up golf rankings.

Houston 68

Higher than us are the dregs of Missouri, Illinois, Purdue, northwestern, Arizona state, and vanderbilt. Oh and Baylor.

My definition of dreg is related solely to football

So I was right… We’re better than the dregs of the P5 in golf.

I never said we make more $$$ than them… I just said we have better results across the board, in sports and academics, than the dregs of the P5.

There will be no list because I actually have to work for a living… Lol

I mean more for our expectations.

In the last 30 years we have finished ranked twice and those are also the only seasons with less than 4 losses. We have 3 conference championships since we left the SWC (1996, 2006, 2015) so once every ten years.

Maybe I was a little harsh with the “pretty terrible” comment, but I do expect better than that for a school located in one of the most talent rich areas in the country while competing against the AAC and CUSA schools.

Considering all the teams I listed are higher ranked than us, that’s not the case.

Maybe my post wasn’t clear and you took higher to mean a higher number, not higher ranked.