Houston Looks to Reestablish American Dominance in 2021

The 2021 Houston Cougars have a chance to be disruptive on the bases in Whitting’s reckoning. “This is the most physical team we’ve ever had. It’s the fastest, most physical team. Seven guys can all steal bases.” Combined with power in the middle of the lineup, the Cougars offense may be able to take some pressure off of the pitching staff.

1 Like

Wont believe it until I see it. I know it’s going to be a really different team but last year was pretty bad, we also haven’t done well in the big tournaments including round rock, minute maid and regionals.

1 Like

I hope this is true I have not seen the elevated level of winning on a consistent basis since Frank Anderson left. I thought that CTW would be extremely strategic in who he replaced his staff with.but have not seen the results! We keep referring back to our great results of the past but they are getting further & further in the rear view mirror!

2 Likes

Recent seasons have been disappointing, but there are apparently a number of new faces on this team, based on what I read, including several new arms.

We’ll see!

I like how this writer apparently considers the AAC to be a “power” conference in college baseball!

2 Likes

AAC is most definitely a Power Conference in baseball. The beauty of college baseball vs the P5 bs in football, EVERYONE has a shot at the NC

1 Like

Go Coogs!

Hope they can turn it around in 2021. The start of the 2020 season was looking bleak.

1 Like