“Houston should never have a losing season”

UnderdogDynasty AAC West Preview Podcast

“They have the history, the money, the facilities, the geography… Houston should never have a losing season”

Link for webpage to podcast: Underdog Pawdcast: AAC West Recap - Underdog Dynasty

It’s funny, because there is no AAC West anymore. Should be Western schools.

10 Likes

We should also never have coaches that leave us after two good seasons, but we don’t always get what we want

10 Likes

They’re not wrong.

5 Likes

Hum, so how does Bama, TU, Michigan, OU, tOSU, ND have losing seasons at times ?

3 Likes

No one should have a losing season.

2 Likes

Other than Kansas and UConn. They should never have winning seasons lol

2 Likes

Dana has two straight losing seasons and is one of the highest paid coaches in the country. A third losing season in a row, and he is officially the most overpaid coach in the country and one of the worst hires ever made.

9 Likes

Everyone should be undefeated! When we are not, it is always the coaches fault and he should be fired immediately. If you disagree with that, it is because you are not a realist like I am.

1 Like

We don’t have losing seasons we just have time periods where we successfully learn about things that don’t work. It is called a personal and collective growth period…geez people quit being so intolerant of people’s growth.

As long as the guys are getting trophies and juice boxes and feeling good about their growth potential, that is all I care about.

5 Likes

The program needs stability more than anything else. Thats what we were missing with all the coaching changes the past few years. I hope we do well under DH because it would just help not to have to start over again.

8 Likes

While I agree with the idea of the article in general, all teams make bad hires.

We’ve made some stinker-hires. I see Applewhite as one of those.

The lower you are on the preference pecking order, the greater the risk with each hire.

3 Likes

Ah yes Applewhite. I hate winning seasons too. Sigh.

5 Likes

We need stability but we also need to be at least .500 while in the American. Anything less than .500 is unacceptable while we play in this conference.

4 Likes

We could have had stability under Tony Levine but our program needs sustained success…not always Peach Bowl / Oklahoma pick six level success. We need to find the right recipe of sustained success and coaching stability. With the inevitable poaching… that’s a tall order however

LOL, my 8yr old grandson could have won as many as Applewhite in the same situation. If had kept that disaster around UH would be lucky to be competitive in the Sun Belt at this point

8 Likes

The fact is in two seasons CMA went 15-11 (0.577) and CDH went 7-13 and is 0.35.

We have no idea how CMA would have done his third year, and to say anything else is speculation.

4 Likes

Holgorsen still hasn’t punted from the other team’s 30?

5 Likes

Yes…but look who CMA won against. He padded his record with wins against historically bad teams. Anyone who knows anything about football could see it was Fool’s Gold.

1 Like

Maybe the article means bc we’re in the AAC and we have good facilities , resources and recruiting grounds that we should be above .500 which I’d agree with in that most often, we should have winning seasons then a losing season here and there so dana needs to get us on a good run of 5 yrs or so.

2 Likes

Yes, and look who CDH won against. He has only beat one D1 team that ended the regular season with a winning record - Tulane 2020. Anyone who knows anything about football can see that is not good enough at Houston.

2 Likes