“Houston should never have a losing season”

Do you want Applewhite back or are saying Dana should be gone? Dana has a track record that Applewhite cant sniff at Nobody wants Applewhite so i don’t understand why Coogfans bring him up. Dana and Applewhite are completely different.

3 Likes

Dana will be way better than applewhite. He will get it done. If you threw applewhite into WVA as their head coach, he wouldn’t come near to what Dana did there.

4 Likes

To get close to Applewhite’s win percentage (.577), Holgorsen would have to win 11 of 12 (.562) games this year. He would have to go undefeated in the regular season to pass him.

2 Likes

That stellar 2018 season where Coogs gave up 63-TT, 59-Temple; 52-Memphis and 70-Army …Yes Sir the future was looking real bright with CMA.

7 Likes

You conveniently leave out the fact that CDH inherited a dumpster fire from CMA…Hey if CDH doesn’t get it done, next man up.

1 Like

He didn’t. This is a false narrative used as an excuse for Holgorsen’s failures.

6 Likes

That’s your opinion, many others think he did.

4 Likes

No kidding. Everyone always thinks that the majority agree with them and their opinion.

Dana is building for the long haul and the def is getting better for ex. Applewhite was just trying to survive each yr vs building so in that regard , it’s why they say Dana inherited a tougher situation. It’s why he redshirted a lot for the future which applewhite wasn’t doing.

1 Like

A point that doesnt matter

We all think we’re right :grinning: My loyalty lies to UH. I have no more to CDH than did Applewhite, Herman, Levine, Sumlin and Briles. HC are pros, hired guns making a lot of $$ to produce…they come, they go…us hardcore nutjobs remain till death. Go Coogs !

6 Likes

How many games you win as a HC doesn’t matter? Someone let Fertitta, Pez, and Khator know that. We don’t need to worry about how many games the coaches win anymore; we just need to keep paying them.

1 Like

No you keep comparing it, that comparison doesnt matter. If he has winning season why compare it to Applewhite Time to stop and be in the present

1 Like

We’ll agree to disagree. I think one coach’s performance for a third of the cost is completely comparable to another coach’s performance at 3 times the cost.

2 Likes

My only issue is that he should recruit a dual threat qb to put into the rotation now and then in case the line isn’t holding up. Many schools do that and applewhite had king to negate a big line issue. King got hurt then bc Dana wants a pro style qb, he had to go tune to prepare him but these coaches should rotate some and tell them , we need both of you for various situations. LSU and Ohio st have successfully rotated 2 qbs at times.

1 Like

Move on you don’t pay the bill

No. We all pay the bill. Every cent we funnel to the school goes to the overall budget. Tilman is footing the majority, but it doesn’t make our contribution any less important.

2 Likes

100%. Herman had Ward, Sumlin had Keenum, and Briles had Kolb.

2 Likes

You pay the same no matter the coach

The last coach that thought a pro style qb would work here was Helton. Helton folks.

Helton was hired by our beloved university and I am sure people just trusted the process and the loyalty to the university and not the coach.

I keep hearing about the dumpster of recruits that CMA and CTh left here. Well briles won with speedy little dudes and a qb that could just score more than we would give up and we enjoyed it.

Sumlin won with speedy little dudes and a qb that could just score more than we would give up and we enjoyed it.

Tony tried his best, bless his heart.

Herman won with speedy little dudes and a qb that could just score more than we would give up and we enjoyed it.

Applewhite tried his best, bless his heart.

Now Dana points fingers at no recruits. He used to win here putting up insane points with an unrecruited undersized qb and recievers that were fast as lightning and as tall a fourth grader. Now he is trying what failed Helton.

Sure we are 2 seasons in, but I am not enjoying it.

3 Likes