Houston top 3 for McGusty

All I can say is that if the kid comes here he had better be ready to work and fight hard, because he will have plenty of great competition for playing time…and he had better be ready to play some defense…that said, he would have the opportunity to play for a great coach and University…

3 Likes

Signing with Miami!

just beat me too it…

im not too bummed about it

Plenty more like him. Could even be that Coogs backed off n didn’t see good fit. Not always the player making final decision on particular school.

i doubt we backed out…but i didnt want to post this while we were still in the rocess of trying to get him but he was HORRIBLE on defense… he barely tries
i was hoping sampson with 1 year could potentiallymold him but im not that bummed about losing a bad defensive player

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/kammcgusty/status/985968873894744064?s=21

Wonder if we had ask him to go to the JC route like the 2 other transfers and sit out for 1 yr while we still have a full squad for this year. It work before and I can see CKS want to go this route again instead of wasting a scholarship on player that can’t help us this year. Adding a big and Bandoo would be more beneficial to us this upcoming season than a big and someone who has to sit a year.

i highly doubt that too…
the scholly that would be used by him isnt going to be used by anyone …

we arent recruting anyone else, every single player of any d1 tout available has released their schools of interest/schools contacting them none include houston…
we arent targeting any bigs despite us fans wanting us too

update on bandoo: we likely aren’t getting him either, he said doesn’t want to make a circus of his recruiting. he liked south carolina’s coaches, he visited them this weekend, the only visit he plans to schedule, he said if he doesnt hate it, he’ll commit. in the next day or 2 he will most likely commit to SC. if for some reason he hated his visit will he then start looking at his other offers (us, ou, rutgers, wvu)

the theory above is unlikely as we most likely will have 2 unused scholarships

i think we are going to target pitt transfer Parker Stewart (sit 1 play 3), our coaches started following him, but we are jumping into that shuffle really late. numerous coaches have already had multiple visits with him

at this rate might aswell ask grant to come back…i think our coaches legitimately felt like we’d land mcgusty and bandoo and didn’t recruit anyone else…

I think we will be just fine without McGusty…we have several players on our roster just like him, probably better. The kid is going to have to work on his defense if he wants to be successful anywhere. IMO we still need a top quality center…unless Breon loses some weight and gets stronger he is not the answer…Harris has ability but I am concerned about him being ready for quality minutes next year. So come on Chris, surprise us all.
Have not seen Gresham play except on some films, so the jury is still out on him…