Houston Travels to Face Memphis Thursday (L 91-85)

This…could not agree more. We hopefully finish strong and make the dance and then anything can happen. But the truth is that this team has actually over achieved this year without much fanfare… next year we have the new facility, some great returning players and a very good incoming class…I am jacked and hopefully we get some decent crowds out there next year…

3 Likes

Again, when talking about the refs, the AAC doesn’t control the refs. The AAC joined the SEC and the ASUN to share officials prior to last season. The SEC is the one who hired the coordinator.

I said a day or two ago that SMU was our toughest game left before the tournament, saying that we should take care of Memphis. I did not expect Memphis to play the way they did.

Our play in the first half looked like we hadn’t missed a beat.

The second half was a perfect storm. I kept thinking that Memphis would run out of gas and not be able to finish, and that we would find our stroke again. Neither happened.
We couldn’t get our shots to fall and seemed to be in panic mode when there was plenty of time on the clock. Thornton had the game of his life.

ECU at home on Sunday should be a nice palette cleanser.

A month ago, many of us would have loved to be where we are. We are still not on the bubble. We finish the season 3-0, win one game in the tourney and we’re in the big dance. But a win against Wichita State and Cincy had us feeling “wronged” for someone putting us as a 10 seed. Lunardi doesn’t seem like such a fool all of a sudden…we do.

Again, we’re in a better position than most of us thought we’d be a month ago. This team is still amazing, getting better and I wouldn’t be surprised if we get to the Sweet 16…but then again, my wife won’ t need to hide the knives if we don’t. AND, this team will be even better next year…but we can talk about that when the last game is played.

2 Likes

Based on the record at the time, we were under seeded. Based on the additional loss, we aren’t

Announced attendance 6500. A good number for many teams but consider just a few years ago they were averaging 16k. Thats an arena over half empty

https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/967093452960948225

Just so I don’t feel left out, I began watching the Coogs in 62 or 63. Prior to the Joe Hamood era. Seems I remember watching games in the old Sam Houston Coliseum before Delmar and the House that Hayes built . . . . . but I have missed quite a few after Guy V retired. Am just back to enjoying round ball . . . . .

1 Like

Before we began the 3 game stretch of Cincinnati, and Temple and Memphis on the road, if I had known we would win 2 of the 3, I would be good with that. Hoping we can show the defensive intensity in the remaining 3 regular season games. Do not want to get ahead of myself but SMU will be tough up there with or without Shake.

4 Likes