Saturday : Houston RHP Ryan Randel (1-1 2.51) vs. Army RHP Sam Messina (2-1, 4.09)
1 out Triple for Way (kid is raking). Scores on a wild pitch…Coogs lead 1-0
2out single and double scores a run…Tied 1-1
Triolo HBP, Davis single, and a Way Sac Fly gives the Coogs a run…UH leads 2-1
2 more caught stealings so far tonight. 9-20 on the year so far.
Leadoff Burckel bunt single and goes to 2nd as the throw gets away. Padgett moves him to 3rd with a deep fly to right. Triolo sac fly scores Burckel…Coogs lead 3-1
After a Davis double just misses going out, Army goes to the bullpen.
1st pitch is a wild pitch that moves Davis to 3rd. Way can’t get him home.
Villarreal on to pitch for Randel. Great job by Randel tonight.
M8…UH leads 3-1
Bottom of the 8th
Coogs down in order
T9…Coogs lead 3-1
Single and a fielding error on Padgett brings home a run (runner on 2nd now)…Coogs lead 3-2
Groundout to short for Out#1, runner on 3rd now
Huge K for Out #2
Groundout to second ends it
Coogs win 3-2!
Go for the sweep tomorrow
• Davis led Houston with a 2-for-3 effort.
• Way finished 1-for-2 with a triple, RBI and run scored. The triple was the first of his career.
• Burckel and senior designated hitter Rey Fuentes III also turned in one hit, respectively.
• Triolo reached on a hit by pitch in the fourth inning. He has reached in all 13 games to open the season.
• Senior right-handed pitcher Ryan Randel (2-1) picked up his second win of the season. The native of Aliso Viejo, Calif., limited Army to one run on three hits across a career-long seven innings. Randel, who retired the first 10 batters he faced to open the game, finished with two walks to four strikeouts
• Junior Fred Villarreal tossed the final two innings to record his first save of the season and second for Houston in as many games. He was taxed for one unearned run on one hit. Villarreal walked one and struck out two.