Houston vs Baylor next week?

i thought it was a quality presser, he has a low key persona but his answers were very good and thought out.
i think he has a solid football mind

2 Likes

true, but also consider that we did not really run our full offense last year. We were trying to protect the defense as much as possible by trying to run a ball control offense.

2 Likes

he mentioned that we ran a lot of max protect last year.
but he probably knows why
this one is a real chess match for both coaching staffs

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/BriceCherry/status/1305969363107885056?s=19

Baylor AD comments.

3 Likes

I like Aranda, his ego doesn’t preceded him.

I would think Dana is very pleased opening against a non conference opponent versus a conference power on the road playing their second game

2 Likes

I really liked Rob Sellers’ avatar during the presser

Yeah I think that’s his good side

mmm
kay

1 Like

Unlike his former roomate at Cal Lutheran - Tom Herman

Baylor did play at Rice last year and they aren’t that type of draw unless they have a RG3 type of player of team.

Unless the cigar promoter smokers behind the scenes get involved it should be home

Interesting. I suppose a future home and home payout would be more than enough to cover any loss from taking a lower payout now.

I wonder though, how would UH ensure BU delivers on its promise? I hope there is something in writing about the home and home taking place before day 2025 or 2030 or BU has to buyout.

2 Likes

Yes, I would think they covered themselves in contract language. Great job by both programs to get done so quickly. Takes two to tangle.!
#Coogs&Bears

1 Like

I think that may have been the most excited I have ever been at a sporting event in my entire life. A close second was Postma’s come back against Memphis.

I remember dancing in the aisle at Robertson after the Tech win.

5 Likes

Both of those are good but the 2015 Peach Bowl will be #1 for me (sorry, I was not a UH fan as a kid so only started going to games when I went to UH at the end of the Yeoman era). Hard to rank the Memphis comeback (in person), the 2-day drive to beat Tech (in person) and the win @ Tulsa against the Toad (on TV) after that Peach Bowl.

1 Like

No doubt the Peach Bowl was incredible, but it was never really in doubt. Same for Game 1 against OU the following year. I was talking more about heart-pounding, Cardiac Coog, winning TD drive excitement. My vocal cords didn’t work for almost a week after both the Tech and Memphis games!

I gotcha
thought you were going for atmosphere. I agree on the comebacks. I was parked on the roof of the TDECU garage for the Memphis game and was stuck there for an hour after the game but I didn’t mind too much. Listened to the recap of the game on the radio and enjoyed the very slow journey down the ramps. Good times

2 Likes

We stayed to the Bitter end of that Memphis game from 0 - 20 to 35 - 34 win over Memphis!

6 Likes

I think BU will keep their agreement. Texas is a team to worry about if you have them scheduled. Baylor will get to recruit Houston straight up.

3 Likes