Houston vs McNeese - Wednesday @ 6:30pm (L 13-5 in 14)

Bottom 14th

New pitcher for McNeese

Blake Way leads off with a double. 2 out walk for Triolo. Both runners move up on a wild pitch. Davis doubles home both runners…McNeese leads 13-5

That’s it

Coogs fall 13-5

Rooney calls pitches like he is afraid of every hitter it’s so sad for these kids overdose on off speed. locate the fastball and get a ground ball or a fly out don’t need to strike every batter out

1 Like

I don’t think pitching has been the problem in what is soon to be two losses.

2 Likes

I totally agree we need to hit but he sets up these pitchers fail you can’t call 75 percent off speed

1 Like

Which coach is in charge of base running and how long has he been with the team? I’ve never seen so many caught off base, caught stealing in the first 4 games of the season. With a team batting average below .250, we can’t afford to keep giving up base runners.

3 Likes

Last year we started 2-2, games three and four went into extra innings. Then again, one of those extra inning games was at #11 Cal St. Fullerton and we only lost by one run.

1 Like

Bingo. Have also had some key mistakes in the field.

Need to clean it up before this weekend against Arizona or things might get ugly. Wildcats have scored 10 or more runs in every game they’ve played so far and just demolished Rice last night.

:thinking::hushed:

I don’t know whether to be proud of the team for being competitive enough to battle McNeese through 14 innings or highly disappointed that we lost by such a large margin?

Huh ? Competitive enough, not understanding comment. These are the kind of losses I’m speaking of that have been happening too much last 2-3 yrs. McNeese is middle of pack in Southland who usually only get 2 bids into Regionals at best, sometimes only one like last year where SHSU ran away w Reg Season title but lost in Conf Tourney and didn’t get invite. SHSU, SELA, NorthwesternSt are best 3 teams in Southland then there is a drop to next tier.