Houston vs. New Orleans - Wed Nov 29 at 7 (W 75-66)

Wow…uno shooting 57%.

Davis hits another 3 and Brooks finally heats up with 2 3’s in a row.

60-48 Coogs with 5:06 left

Nice 12-0 run.

Hitting 3s makes all your problems go away. Just look at the rockets

5 in a row by UNO. 60-53with 3:32 to go.

White’s looked every bit of a freshman tonight.

Louisiana Tech leading #24 Alabama by five late in the 4th.

UNO cuts it to 5 but another 3 by Armoni and a pretty layup by Gray makes it 67-57 Coogs with 1:04 left

Coogs hit their free throws and win 75-66.

3 Likes

Ok I just checked and the only other game on flohoops is PVA&M. The rest will be on channels I have heard of and can watch. Had fun listening to Jeremy tonight. The OOTC struggle continues.

CKS didn’t talk with Jeremy and Elvin last night (guessing he was upset), but the did an extended talk with Rob Gray which was really good. Can see Gray being a coach down the line.

Anyway:

• Gray said that he’s a PG that’s normally a SG because the coaches want to put him off the ball. He had 8 assists last night.
  • Always telling Armoni to catch and shoot. That’s what Dot did and you can make a living just catching and shooting
  • Team wasn’t looking ahead, just didn’t play the way they were supposed to. Had scouted UNO and knew them, just didn’t execute properly.
  • Team puts an emphasis on free throws, but guys just have to make them. Made his down the stretch and so did Fabian. Will continue to lead by example.
  • Talks about Arkansas last year and how if you aren’t ready, they’ll blow you off the court. Says team has to come ready to play.
1 Like

Was telling my buddy last night that Jeremy is the best play-by-play voice for the Coogs in a very, very long time. I was partial to Dukes back in the day and never really liked Matt Thomas for calling a game. I hope they can keep Jeremy around and I would not mind him doing the football broadcast as well.

4 Likes

This was the key. The Coogs could not get an open look for a very long time. Credit NO for the intensity but there is no excuse for the Coogs not to execute better and get better looks. I was happy they got the win – fortunately NO could only hit 8 of their 16 FTs.

Positives:

1. Nice to see Brooks come to the rescue from long-range after struggling with his shot for a few games
  2. Outside of D. Davis going 0-3 from the FT line (which cannot continue), the rest of the team was 18-20 from the FT line.

Man, I hope they can play better Saturday night or the final score might look something like the Arkansas-UConn score.

2 Likes

Agreed. I love listening to him for baseball games.

Unfortunately, I think his talents will have him moving on sooner rather than later.

good game, nice arena, reasonable crowd, best team in close to 20 years, fans need to come out for Arky

Rob has come a long way since his sophomore year when he was constantly in and out of CKS’ doghouse.

1 Like

Jeremy seems to want to stay close to Houston. He’s busy, though, as he’s the UH football sideline reporter, coaches’ show radio guy, Basketball and baseball radio guy, does Dynamo radio broadcasts and has a show on the weekend on 610. Hope he sticks around.

3 Likes

The level of play overall was awful and I’m hoping it’s because the Coogs have a very bad habit of playing down to their opponents. However, I am hoping that they’ll be playing up to their opponent on Saturday because tonight’s level of play won’t cut it.

1 Like

UH outrebounded its sixth straight opponent, the team’s longest stretch since seven straight in the 2001-02 season. But the Cougars, who entered leading the American Athletic Conference in offensive rebounds, had just seven and Sampson added “we couldn’t guard” New Orleans guard Troy Green, who had 16 points on 8-of-14 shooting.

“Sometimes people don’t like to hear the truth,” Sampson said. “That team was better-coached, tougher and more prepared than we were,” Sampson said. “At the end of the day that’s on the coach.”

http://www.uhcougars.com/sports/m-baskbl/recaps/112917aac.html

UP NEXT
The Cougars continue their season-long, four-game homestand when they play host to Arkansas at 6:30 p.m., Saturday, inside H&PE Arena.

From there, the team wraps up the stand when they face Fairfield for the first time in school history at 11 a.m., Wednesday, Dec. 6).

Fans should note the starting time for the Fairfield game was recently moved up to 11 a.m., from earlier published schedules. The time was changed as part of Education Day with Houston Men’s Basketball as the Cougars will compete in front of students from area Houston ISD schools.