ABOUT SAINT LOUIS
• Saint Louis brings a 4-4 record into Saturday’s game rallying for a 74-69 win over Southern Illinois inside Chaifetz Arena on Wednesday night.
• Win against SIU snapped a four-game losing streak after the Billikens opened the season with three straight wins.
• Against Southern Illinois, freshman guard Jordan Goodwin led all players with 20 points on 7-of-12 shooting and added a game-high nine rebounds… Sophomore forward Jalen Johnson and freshman forward Hasahn French each totaled 12 points in the win, while junior guard Javon Bess topped the Billikens with five assists.
• This season, Bess leads Saint Louis with 14.5 points per game… Goodwin stands second with 10.6 points per contest, but leads the team with 7.1 rebounds and 4.0 assists per game.
• Head Coach Travis Ford is in his second season at Saint Louis and his 21st season as an NCAA collegiate head coach… Has compiled a 352-291 record during his career and is 16-25 at Saint Louis.
• Previously built a 58-40 record at Campbellsville (1997-00), a 61-80 mark at Eastern Kentucky (2000-05), a 62-35 record at UMass (2005-08) and a 155-111 mark at Oklahoma State (2008-16).
• Saturday’s game will be the first time that Ford has faced Houston and Houston Head Coach Kelvin Sampson during his career.