Houston vs. St. Louis - Saturday at 7 pm (W 77-58)

29-22 Coogs lead with 3:20 to go. Coogs playing much better now and St. Louis coming back down to earth a bit.

D.Davis with 10. Brady with 6 points/5 rebounds

2 Likes

Holy crap
coach must’ve told them to kick it into overdrive. Good things happening all over both ends. Very happy with the defensive effort so far.

1 Like

Coogs lead 36-26 at the half. Hold St. Louis without a FG for the last 5:34 of the half.

4 Likes

“Throws jacket” TECHNICAL FOUL.

Lol sorry it doesn’t work the same for you Coach Ford.

2 Likes

Lot of fouls this half. Coogs will already be shooting 1 and 1 the rest of the half. These refs are bad.

Coogs lead 43-30 with 15:52 left.

1 Like

I couldn’t be a fan of St. Louis. Old school “Big East” style of play. Yeah they play good defense being big and physical. But the refs almost have to call a foul every possession to stop any potential fights. I’ll take our free flowing offensive style any day.

4 Likes

Bears repeating
these refs are bad. I knew it when French tackled Van Beck on a three attempt and there was no call (the French two block sequence).

5 Likes

SLU finally makes a FG. Went the last 5:34 of the 1st half and first 6:07 of the 2nd half without one.

45-33 Coogs with 13:51 left.

1 Like

49-33 Coogs with 11:53 to go. Impressive defensive showing by the Coogs tonight.

2 Likes

Man, Davis can get up for rebounds. Reminds me of Truscott in that way [if I am remembering the right guy]

1 Like

I agree with several posters here
these officials are just terrible. That no call on Gray was just typical
the refs are very close from this becoming a free for all

2 Likes

3 Likes

lol @ Armoni
sporting the John Stockton Grape Smugglers.

1 Like

So
many
whistles

60-43 Coogs with 8:03 left

21 fouls and 1 technical foul for 27 free throws in less than 12 minutes.

2 Likes

Props to Kelvin for having not gotten thrown out of the game. This is some of the worst officiating I’ve seen in a long time and it’s not going both ways. Horrible.

5 Likes

One of their guys runs over one of ours like a linebacker tackling a running back and Sampson just raises his hands like what the hell?! lol

1 Like

Still houston is struggling getting the ball across court against this defense. Game still not over.

1 Like

63-48 Coogs with 5:43 left.

Coogs getting sloppy.

1 Like

This is a street brawl now. The refs have made this ugly by letting the physicality get too far. Would be nice to get out of St Louis with a double digit W

These St Louis guards’ play remind me of the Arkansas guards of yester-year. Being really big and physical and constantly hammering away on the guys trying to bring the ball up court.

2 Likes