Houston vs UCONN: Game 3 at 11:30am (L 9-3)

See a pattern here since 2014…
2014: Regional and Super Regional
2015: Regional
2016: No Regional
2017: Regional
2018: Regional
2019: Won’t make a Regional playing like this

5 Likes

Pray10 you showed lot of dedication and support towards Baseball program by going to gm Friday night over staying home and watching Coogs basketball or going somewhere to watch.

3 Likes

I had a strange feeling about that basketball game and figured going to the ballgame would help alleviate the feeling. Must have transferred it to the baseball team instead.

1 Like

It’s looking like about a .500 season

1 Like

HOUSTON NOTES
Offense:
• Burckel led the team with a 2-for-3 effort recording two doubles.
• Cherry recorded his first career home run and multi-hit game in a 2-for-4 showing.
• Junior right fielder Lael Lockhart Jr. also went 2-for-4.
• Senior third baseman Jared Triolo was 1-for-4.

Pitching:
• Junior right-handed pitcher Devon Roedahl (3-2) suffered the loss. He surrendered six runs (three earned) on five hits across two and one-third innings in the start.
• Junior Brayson Hurdsman relieved Roedahl in the third inning went into the seventh. In total, Hurdsman scattered three hits, one a home run, while walking one and striking out four across four innings.
• Cougar relievers Sean Bretz (0.0 IP), Ron Brown (0.1) and Tristen Bayless (0.1) finished the seventh inning. Bayless struck out his lone batter faced to close the frame.
• Junior Tyler Bielamowicz toed the rubber from the eighth inning into the ninth, being taxed for one run.
• Sophomore Jared Pettitte struck out both batters he saw to end the top of the ninth.

https://twitter.com/UHCougarBB/status/1109953036372402178

1 Like

I don’t think anyone on here will flame you at this point. Performance this year has been disappointing and there needs to be a long look at the program by Whiting in the offseason if they can’t turn it around again. Big questions have to be:

1. why has our offense regressed so badly with guys that have performed for us in the past not performing up to those standards at this point leading the way and?
  2. Why can’t we find a 3rd starter on this staff? We have a lot of solid arms, probably the most depth I’ve seen this team have, and yet, we can’t find a guy that can go out and take that spot.
3 Likes

We also seem to make alot of mental mistakes on base paths and fielding.

1 Like

At this point, this is not a good team.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/CoachTRooney/status/1110189433612050433

D. Cherry is a stud. I think he will bring some “swagger” to the lineup. But is it enough?

1 Like