Houston vs USF Game 3 (W 9-8)

Going to eighth…9-8 Coogs

Randel works around one walk and Coogs lead into the bottom of the eighth…9-8

Nothing doing for Coogs so to the ninth we go…9-8 UH!

Henry comes in and mows 'em down in the ninth and Coogs hold on for an exciting 9-8 win…

2 Likes

Great job by Randel and Henry to wrap this one up…Triolo remains on fire with three hits and Davis pounds out a three run homer…

2 Likes

Please let this be the day we mark as when the bats woke up.

Great comeback and yes very solid pitching down the stretch.

1 Like

I realize that this season has seemed a bit disappointing thus far…BUT…consider this:

we’re currently tied for FIRST PLACE in the American!!!

Let’s hope that we stay on top!

GO COOGS!!!

4 Likes

I went to the baseball luncheon the other day and Joey sat at our table. I was very impressed with him as he was very well mannered.
He told me he is going to pursue a degree in Chemical engineering after this season.
Good luck to him. Go Coogs!

1 Like

Can anyone confirm the rumor Aguilar is having a surgery ?

Very happy Randel got the win. He’s had a tough year and had maybe the most insanely unlucky inning I’ve seen all year when he was tagged for THREE infield singles in his first inning.

This was a very good series win. I mean, who knows, USF may turn into a pumpkin but they looked like a really salty line-up and pitching staff and we took 2/3.

1 Like

No idea. Would make sense that we didn’t see him Friday or Sunday if that was the case. My thought is that he’d start against Rice on Tuesday since we didn’t see him this weekend, but I’ll guess we’ll see. No idea who’ll start that game if it isn’t Aguilar as most of the other candidates pitched this weekend.

1 Like

http://www.uhcougars.com/sports/m-basebl/recaps/040818aaa.html

HOUSTON HITS

Jared Triolo has reached base in 30 straight games and has a hit in 16 straight.
Lael Lockhart Jr. has reached base in 17 straight games.
Joe Davis belted his third home run of the year, a three-run shot.
The home run by Davis was his 25th of his career, moving him into a tie for 5th all-time with Brett Cooley (2002-04) and Bruce Rios (1996-99).
Houston has played 13 1-run games this season (7-6).
The Cougars improved to 16-4 at home this season.

TOP OFFENSIVE PLAYERS
Joe Davis | 1x3, R, 4 RBI
Jared Triolo | 3x5, 2 R
Connor Hollis | 1x2, 3 R
Lael Lockhart Jr. | 1x4, 2R
Grayson Padgett | 2x4, R
Tyler Bielamowicz | 1x2, 2 RBI
Tucker Redden | 0x3, RBI, SF
Nick Slaughter | 0x3, RBI, SAC

Houston tallied 10 hits en route to a 9-8 win. Offensively, the Cougars were led by junior Joe Davis, who belted his third home run of the year – a three-run shot to left field. He plated four RBI in the win.

Jared Triolo extended his on-base streak to 30 games with another multi-hit game, going 3-for-5 with two runs. Connor Hollis scored three runs, had a hit and walked three times.

Tyler Bielamowicz had a double and sac fly to plate two RBI, while Lael Lockhart Jr., Tucker Redden and Nick Slaughter all had an RBI.

PITCHING BREAKDOWN
Joey Pulido | 2.1 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 BB, 1 K
Brayson Hurdsman | 1.1 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 1 BB, 0 K
Kyle Ott | 0.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K
Hunter Edwards | 0.0 IP, 1 H, 2 R, 1 BB, 0 K
Fred Villarreal | 1.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 0 BB, 1 K
[W] Ryan Randel | 3.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 3 BB, 3 K
[S] Carter Henry | 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 0 K

Junior Ryan Randel earned the win in relief, improving to 3-3 on the year after tossing 3.0 innings, allowing just one run on three hits with three walks and three strikeouts.

Sophomore closer Carter Henry picked up another save – his third on the year and second on the weekend, tossing a scoreless and hitless ninth.

Senior Joey Pulido made his first career and went 2.1 innings, allowing four hits and two runs with two walks and one strikeout.

Sophomore Brayson Hurdsman took over in the third and finished with 1.1 innings, allowing two runs on four hits with one walk. Senior Kyle Ott struck out a batter in relief.

Redshirt freshman Hunter Edwards allowed two runs on one hit with one walk in his appearance before handing the ball to sophomore Fred Villarreal, who worked 1.0 inning, allowing one run on two hits with a strikeout.

https://twitter.com/UHCougarBB/status/983102341531492352

https://twitter.com/SpiritofUH/status/983125125066346496