Houston's Hannah Burandt To Fill Cleveland State Head Coach Position

Oof, tough loss…Burandt was a fantastic coach that was a big reason for the success of the program. I wish her well.

Current University of Houston Assistant Coach Hannah Burandt has been tabbed as the new Head Coach for the Cleveland State Men’s and Women’s Swimming & Diving team. This will mark Burandt’s first collegiate head coaching stint.

Back in February of this year – and just a week out from the Horizon League Championships, CSU’s conference meet – former head coach Paul Graham announced that he will be resigning from the position. At the time we reported it, it was unclear as for the reason why he was resigning. In late March, however, Cleveland.com reported that Graham resigned following the University launching an internal investigation into the drug use on various men’s athletic teams. According to the same website, five swimmers received disciplinary actions.

I am hopeful that our team has built the kind of reputation that will enable us to land another excellent coach to replace her. Good luck too her as well. Any Coog who goes elsewhere to advance his/her career and is successful puts a feather in our cap too, I think.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/hburandt/status/1135679271685545984