How are yall feeling one week after SMU

im over it

go Boise!

Still bad and worried about Temple.

12 Likes

I was over it before the weekend was over, but I do have concerns with our performance against Temple. D is further weakened by injuries and our opponents now have two examples of how to limit our O. The real question will be if we prepared this week for both Temple’s normal scheme to on D, as well as the possibility they play us like Tulsa/SMU did.

Like we got not much of a d-line. Hope we can put up a lot of points.

Season changing loss.

3 Likes

Trying to be the ever optimistic coog but still feeling sick to my stomach.

Talking to people and explaining that we were 7 points down with 9 and 1/2 minutes to go and didn’t get the ball back until 2 mins left and then 14 points down, that really stings.

Fearful that with defensive injuries we may not win another game.
Too much pressure to ask the offense to be 100% effective from here on out.

3 Likes

Ready for tomorrow. Only two more home games until next September so I’m going have fun and hopefully we win.

9 Likes

I still haven’t gotten over our loss to Tech.

8 Likes

This close to finding out

1 Like

I think we discover tomorrow that our wheel has indeed come off this year.

4 Likes

Miserable and sick to the stomach.

5 Likes

For some strange reason I don’t feel doom and gloom. With all our injuries I know I should be very worried about them losing the last 3 games. Ironically I had that feeling about SMU and not only did we lose but lost several players for the rest of the year. However I get the feeling we’re going to win. I hope it comes to fruition.

1 Like

Honestly, I still feel the same…like I have been punched in the gut. I have been avoiding anything football related, especially the NFL. The pain is still there. I am hopeful for a win tomorrow, but coach speech don’t make me feel any better. Hope the kids win the rest of games regardless of the coaching staff not being able to coach them better against SMU…

5 Likes

Yes…STILL there…

Fine, it’s a football game. This week is a new football game. Getting Temple off a track meet and a tough loss is a good spot for UH. Tough for a team to get up to play on back to back weeks.

2 Likes

Not so much how we feel because I have lived through MANY disappointing losses in my coog lifetime and especially having to endure a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde defense through the years

BUT how do the players feel and are they over losing to SMU.

Temple is not chopped liver and they are no doubt smelling blood in the water with our recent loss … they obviously ARE NOT going to roll over and play “me next” (referencing USF) … it will be a TOUGH game … I just don’t want to have to live through another so-so first half and hoping for the dead to rise the second … again …

5 Likes

Ask me at this time tomorrow.

6 Likes

Watching Louisville roll over tonight brought me out of the SMU doldrums . . . . .

I’ll let you know when it’s been a week since the game.

1 Like

We live in a feast or famine reality. You either go undefeated in this conference or you’re begging for bowl scraps. If we win all p5 and OOC games we can digest a conference loss. If no, then we’re playing for Frisco or Ft. Worth…or maybe something a tad bit better.

The bottom 50 % of our conference kills us in November.

2 Likes