How did the refs miss this one?

I’m sorry if that bothers you. I’ll try to be more aware and not upset you, but maybe skip my posts if you are sensitive. It isn’t my intent to upset anyone, but my posts tend to be straight forward and not necessarily in line with what the Marketing/PR group might be posting.

If it walks and quacks like a duck…

4 Likes

Bingo…

1 Like

Tech Fan posting…and pretending to be Coog…

1 Like

I was worried about the refs when King threw the first TD pass. The guy was in the receivers chest with both hands, not looking back. It was an amazing catch, but no flag came out.
Then it seemed like we were getting PI calls on us (most seemed legit), but almost nothing on TT.

1 Like

One other blown call was when their WR locked held our DB letting their RB get a first down run.
Then they called “holding, the ball will be marked off from the spot of the foul”… Then they marked it 3rd & 1.
Clearly on the replay the hold happened about 1 yard past the first down marker. It should have been 3rd & 9.
The refs marked it off from where the running back was brought down, not the spot of the infraction. They converted the 3rd & 1 for a first and went on to score a TD.

2 Likes

Honestly when I saw the play I thought it was just a kick ass clever, very well executed trick play. It never dawned on me that it was an illegal play, I was just thinking of it like a halfback pass. I’m guessing the refs did the same thing (although they are paid to notice things like that.)