How do you feel about having a 11 AM kick off for Homecoming?

It is not football. This is an insult to our Home Coming. The AAC has to redo their deal with espn or others and demand better. espn consider that we are crap and treat us like crap. There is no other way to put it.

I like early games. Gives me the rest of my saturday.

I agree with you’re overall POV, but just realize we aren’t the only ones complaining about this type of thing. Pac-12 coaches have been very vocal about the late start times, B1G is having issues trying to get schools on board with playing Thursday/Friday night games, ACC had to basically sign their life away to get a conference network, etc.

What can you do though? Think about last year when our former coach put his foot down and said that he wanted to play the Lamar game at 11 in order to get ready for Cincy and then told the fans that they had better suck it up. That wasn’t even a game on national TV, against an FCS team, at the beginning of September and yet we still were trying to throw money at him and keep him here. Thing is, the head football coach is the highest paid person on campus and the networks have thrown tons of money around to make sure that’s the case just about everywhere. Fighting them doesn’t do anything because, if you want money now or down the road, you basically have to play by the Piper’s rules or you end up like the Big East. The system is rigged by the networks, and the only way a school like Houston can fight back is to play by the rules and try to get where it wants to be.

Now, your idea of getting the congressmen to play ball is intriguing, but, you’d probably need quite a few to play ball and to keep it quiet until something can be done. The P5/networks have fortified themselves a bit by throwing bones to the G5 conferences and getting those conferences to approve the current landscape with the underlying threat that they’d leave the NCAA if they didn’t get what they wanted. Unfortunately, congressmen keeping quiet is a strong suit of theirs and most of the congressmen in states with G5 schools, also represent P5 schools. Plus, what’s to stop the P5 schools from breaking away if Congress does get involved now?

We need ESPN/FOX to continue to see declines in viewership and to not have the money to pay for college sports like they are now in order to regain some kind of power. Or, the playoff needs to expand to 8+ teams. If the playoff expands to allow all P5 conference champs, and the P5 conferences don’t throw the G5 conferences a bone, then some kind of congressional action would probably have much more chance of succeeding, just as it did in the BCS days.

I do not disagree with you Patrick but we all know that the status quo is not sustainable for G5 programs.
The bone to the G5 was to keep them quiet and shut them up come rankings time.
What is the correlation between public money going to Schools and the ncaa/cfp?
The FBI was asked to go after basketball programs that broke the rules. Why did the FBI get involved in the first place?
Why is the FBI trying to enforce NCAA rules?
With the same logic why is the cfp excluding G5 Teams? Should not they be investigated by the FBI? The ncaa just set a precedent based on their rules.
The cfp is not sanctioned by the ncaa but have ncaa programs in it
Esquires, is that the loophole that makes this cfp untouchable?