How does the coaching turnover here not turnoff recruits?

It’s not fair to these kids to commit to UH knowing the coach that recruited them will be gone in 1-2 years

Agree.

It does affect turnover, we lose people all the time. It just depends on who they are committing to, which coach, coaches, or school.

I think we’ll lose Levi if Briles leaves unless he feels good about CMA.

Having been through the recruiting process many years ago, I was told by one coach that pick the school and not the coach. That always stuck with me, but it’s hard especially after building the relationship with the coach/ coaches that recruited you. Fortunately I did not have to deal with coaching turnover. You are absolutely right though, it’s not fair to the kids, but that’s the coaching world we live in now.

I always support free transfer just like regular students.

C’mon man. The Briles’ men are good ones and do the right thing. No way he would take a QB recruit with him to another school. Oh wait…

#FutureHeismanWinner

2 Likes

Levi’s family seems to be committed. But who knows.

Hello??? Remember the “Band of 17 Brothers” or whatever the Hades that was, the commits who were going to sign with UH absolutely, even when D bag Herman left. I think 1 of that etched in stone brotherhood actually signed.

1 Like

and then we wonder why we dont have depth and why the coaching should not let off the gas in games to give the RSF we do sign minutes…

1 Like

I guess fortunately or unfortunately instability is pretty common at G5 programs of similar profiles to ours. But yeah, it’s already starting to rear its ugly head…

Maybe that’s the whole point. Why have the P5s started firing and hiring even before bowl season. Because stealing recruits is more important than bowls

1 Like

I can understand a recruit wanting to play in Briles’ system but if the HC can’t persuade the recruit to stay for him then he shouldn’t be head coach.

So far we have added one recruit and lost none. Go get’em Applewhite

1 Like

Eh, somewhat. If you’re a passing QB and the OC is changing to a run offense or triple option or something crazy (that’s not happening obviously) then I could see a kid transferring just based on styles.

Kids in this day and age should be used to coaching turnover.

Briles system is not unique. The OC reads the defensive alignment, then calls the play, or which is often the case, audible

We are a week away from early signing, we have the 8th ranked class in the AAC and the 73rd in the country. We just dropped our average to 4th place (We have less recruits so once we have more we should move up the rankings). To the original post it is due to the system in place. The 60 something P5 schools can only give so many scholarships. So the next level kicks in. We are roughly the top 20 of the other schools right now and have been for the last 15 something years. Simply put, the majority of the kids we get are high priorities to us, and while a lot of them have P5 offers, they don’t turn down LSU and UT and Bama that much.

That is so lame.

1 Like

How about commit because you want to earn a degree from said school…Football is a tool, but the education is what you aim for…

1 Like

No player should think he’ll be coached by his position coach or coordinator for his entire five years of eligibility. Tell me one place where that happens? One place where the entire staff has been in place for five years?

College Football is trade school.