How I look for Cougar news

Life is getting busier as I get healthier and it’s getting a bit harder to post daily. Because of that, and in case anything ever happens to me (knock on wood), here’s how I find UH info. Feel free to use yourself and post if you see stuff.

This is what I look at daily:

Google Searches:
"university of houston" - Google Search
"houston cougars" - Google Search
"american athletic conference" - Google Search
"big 12 expansion" - Google Search
"pac 12 expansion" - Google Search
"b1g expansion" - Google Search
"acc expansion" - Google Search
"sec expansion" - Google Search
"conference expansion" - Google Search
"conference realignment" - Google Search
"Permanent University Fund" texas - Google Search
"texas higher education" - Google Search

Other daily links:

Verbal Commits | D1 Players Transferring
NFL Football Transactions
UHCougars.com

Other links I check daily, but it depends on the season
Warren Nolan
Matt Murschel - Orlando Sentinel
College Football TV Ratings — Sports Media Watch
NFL Football Scores - NFL Scoreboard - ESPN

Twitter Lists I’ve created and follow. If you’re on twitter, look up my twitter account (@prayray) and you should be able to subscribe to the list:
UH Athletes
University of Houston (Admin, Reporters with ties, a few tied in fans)
College Sports (National writers or coaches that used to be at UH and I still follow)
UH List (fans)

Also, I use Tweetdeck and search specific hashtags (There are a few filters in there to remove non-UH things…doesn’t always work, but it gets rid of a lot of things):

#GoCoogs
#HTownTakeover or @Uhcougarfb
#ForTheCity or @uhcougarmbk
#m64 OR #HTownSpeedCity OR UHCOUGARBB OR UHCOUGARTF
UH Golf, Swimming, W.Basketball, Tennis, or Soccer
“university of houston” OR “houston cougars”
uofh OR “u of h”
commit OR committed OR commitment AND houston
offer OR offered AND houston

And, no, this doesn’t mean I’m stepping away. However, if I do end up at UH this fall, my time will be split even more and I have no idea how it will affect what I do here. No matter what, Go Coogs!

7 Likes

Hey man, you must live forever…what would we do without you??? The World would come to a screetching halt without Pray10!!! LOL!! Thanks Pray, we recieve that info with open arms!

2 Likes

:joy: Sorry, I’m ex-military and we always said that we had to make sure the next guy was ready in case something happened to you. Appreciate the sentiments though.

I’ll keep going as long as I can, but sometimes things come up. Just glad that the board seems to be thriving.

3 Likes