How will this team fare in tournament play?

69% is more than acceptable from a post player, who I believe you’re referring to here.

With Tre Jones injury and Cam Reddish being inconsistent, Duke comes back to the pack. It’s anyone’s ballgame now.

From what I’ve read, it appears that once Fabian White becomes full game conditioned, he should be a major contributor. I’m not as knowledgeable about his overall ability as other UH fans.

What is your overall opinion of him as a player? What are his strengths and weaknesses? Is he billed as a starter or bench player?

Thanks

Fully healthy White should be a starter. His midrange shot is much needed for this offense.

1 Like

This team won’t be in a tournament. We are only 17 games into a 31 game season of 4 new faces replacing 2 old faces. The team playing in post season might resemble our current team but it definitely won’t be the same.

4 Likes

Thank you fascinating stat.

1 Like

No body wants to see this team in the 1st weekend. Sweet 16, then it comes down to match ups.

Its definitely different than last year, where we were about top 35-40% nationally in Adjusted Pace. Not having Rob is a big part of that.

1 Like

A good observation by Jimmy. Last year we looked like a different team (in a good way) when the AAC tournament started, hoping for the same this year.

1 Like

Beating LSU at home carries more weight then beating Arkansas last year. LSU is just a better team. If that is not a wow win then not sure what to say. We will play UCF twice. UCF is as good as Wichita state last year. Cincy is always. Cincy. But more importantly this year conference teams are lot harder then at any point.

Agree LSU win will prove to be bigger than Arky last season but have to respectfully disagree with other comparisons. UCF is not better than Wichita State last season, and this Cincy team is not anywhere equal to their squad a year ago. I do agree the league is tougher overall

4 Likes

This! ^

I say sweet 16. It’s a good thing defense and rebounding is our strength. That can keep any game close against any elite team.

Since I originally wrote that post LSU picked up a very good double digit road win against Ole Miss, so I’ll agree that is probably a wow win now or very close to it. They are playing better than they were earlier in the year, which isn’t super surprising given their talent. Beating Arkansas last year, who got a 7 seed, by 25 I think is still better than a close 6 point win over LSU. But I’m not going to quibble about it.

However,

UCF is projected as a 9 seed by ESPN and is #45 in Kenpom. Last year Wichita State was a 4 seed and #21 in Kenpom.

Cincy is projected as a 9 seed by ESPN and is #34 in Kenpom. Last year Cincy was a 2 seed and #4 in Kenpom.

Definitely not the same caliber teams at the moment. Especially Cincy.

3 Likes