How Y’all, Youse and You Guys Talk

Found this interesting and it got me perfectly saying that my dialect is closest to Houston, Baton Rouge, and New Orleans

Interesting quiz.

I scored Ft. Worth, Houston and Irving, TX. Not bad for a guy who has lived in the MW for nearly 20 years.

Still a Texan!

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Louisville, Montgomery, and Tallahassee… I’m born in Houston, but I’m first generation.

WTF. Madison (lived in Chicago 12 years), Salt Lake (which I’ve never been anywhere near), and Stockton, CA. (see Salt Lake). Who thinks up this crap?

Baton Rouge, Houston and Shreveport.

This was fun. Houston, Shreveport, Wichita.
Houston - my wife is a native and I’ve lived here for 37 years (I’m much older than 37)
Shreveport - my wife’s parents are from within 100 miles of Shreveport in north central Lousiana
Wichita - I grew up in Ohio so I guess I still have a little bit of northerner in my speech. Bummer.

Jackson, MS
Shreveport
New Orleans

Born in Greenville, MS. Military brat so we lived all over the world. Spent the 1st 15 years of adulthood in Pascagoula, MS. Been in Houston area since 1989. Happy to see my speech represents my roots but family in MS say I talk Texan. Lol

The test tells me I am from New York.

1 Like

Houston, Jackson, Birmingham for me. Interesting note, it seems that Houston is the only place in the US that uses the term “feeder road” for the surface street that parallels a freeway.

I think you are correct. I used to travel all over the US and I would say “feeder road” and people looked at me like I had antenna growing out of my head!