Howard Wilson injured (Update 2018: out for season again)

Man…second year in a row that we’ve had a drafted CB seriously injured right after signing. Good thing for Wilson is that he signed his contract. Good luck to him in his recovery, but,also, get your education kids.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Browns-4th-round-DB-Howard-Wilson-to-undergo-knee-surgery-/19ca2315-a696-44f1-a946-6431ac0dec41

Fourth-round defensive back Howard Wilson will undergo surgery on a fractured patella and is expected to miss a significant amount of time.

Wilson, whom the Browns selected with the 126th overall pick, suffered the injury near the end of Friday’s rookie minicamp practice. He was the only cornerback among the Browns’ 10 draft picks.

“It’s disappointing but this is a part of playing football,” Wilson said. “It was kind of a freak thing. I was just running around and my knee just kind of locked up on me. I didn’t think much of it but the training staff wanted to get the proper testing so I got the MRI. I’m a positive person so I will have the surgery, work hard in my rehab and look forward to getting back to out there and helping this team win some games.”

Wow! First, Willie Jackson last year, now Howard Wilson this year. Damn Judas ran those kids to the ground. I don’t blame him for leaving early to the NFL and getting paid.

Best of luck in your recovery Howard. Might be good to contact Dr. Lowe. Surely the Browns have a great Orthopedic team.

With the rookie cap, 2nd through 7th rounds are risking too much by not signing before going to first practice.

1 Like

Good news for Howard, although, I expect this to be a William Jackson situation where the team may just leave him on IR unless they absolutely need his help when it comes time to activate him. Cornerbacks usually need seasoning in the NFL anyway.

Rapoport added that he could return in the middle of the 2017 season, with a recovery period of 12-16 weeks, and noted that the injury was not as serious as originally feared. He suffered the injury on the team’s second day of minicamp, per Adam Schefter of ESPN.

Man…:cry:

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Article/Cornerback-Howard-Wilson-lost-for-season-again-118994628

The Browns announced that Wilson will not play in the 2018 season after having surgery on Tuesday to repair a left patella tear. He is expected to miss the entire 2018 season. It is believed to be the same knee that cost him the 2017 season.

That sucks. Man im glad he went left early. He would have ruined his chances here. I wanted him to succeed but things just haven’t paned out yet. I hope one day he can overcome this and play.

Very true. At least he’s getting a paycheck and has health care by being with the Browns. Hopefully, he’ll be ready to go next season.

1 Like