Hunter to Arkansas-hires (Georgia OL coach) Pittman as next FB HC

Dude does not think Case Keenum is any good. Not the kind of guy I want for our AD. I am sure there are people that are actually qualified.

7 Likes

He’s praised Keenum all year. He’s said he is an easy guy to root for and hrs glad he is finding success.

To be honest, Case has elevated his play this season and almost everyone thought he was a career backup.

Never impressed me from day one.

1. Coaching hire
  2. 2015 fans appreciation day debacle
  3. Failure to put together an effective campaign for Big 12.
  4. Poor marketer for UH , Herman frankly did his job

Wish him well .

7 Likes

Its HY fault we didnt get into the big12?

:joy: When did UH fans become so delusional?

9 Likes

Does he have any athletics administration experience?

1 Like

That’s funny. The Big 12 wasn’t even serious about expanding, it didn’t matter what kind of campaign we had. They didn’t even send anyone important to hear our pitch.

7 Likes

Oliver Luck!!!

1 Like

Just to play devil’s advocate. How much freedom did HY have to do his job. This board has blamed a lot of things on him, not sure it was justified.

Did not know Tilman hired him 

Tilman is good at a lot of things, but he does not always hit a homerun.

Would be nice if HY remembers good ol’ UH if he has some openings in the scheduling department.

3 Likes

Chris Pezman is the obvious choice:
Cougar Football Team - Run N Shoot days
Alum
Economics Major with a Masters in hotel and restaurant management - Did someone say we need help running our stadium?
Dir of Operations at Reliant - Did someone say our game day experience was lacking?
California and Texas roots - Huge for recruiting
His resume tells me he is ready.
This is the right time to hire a deserving Coog at a key position.

5 Likes

On a side note, Jurich (UL) is paid 2.7 million per year. Del Conte (TCU) makes 1.7 mil and Chris Hill (Utah) makes 500 grand.

Did you just say PAC-12??

Jeff Bourne?

This should be a really easy decision. Chris Pezman has decades of experience in facilities, ops, and projects, holds a high level position at a P5 university, knows all there is to know about athletics in the city of Houston, and can appease, energize, and engage the donors, alumni, and fans. Add on the fact that he is a Coog and former student-athlete, and it is obvious that the time is right to bring Chris Pezman home.

2 Likes

Assuming he’s interested.

1 Like

Is there a reason he wouldn’t be? It is a clear step up from his current post at Cal

If Greg Koch really was interested in an AD position, he should’ve done it at his Alma mater(Arkansas). Not a chance he gets considered. OL coach, yes. Leader of athletic department, no.

8 Likes

I don’t know him. Could be he likes living in CA, there’s lots of reasons he might not be interested, none of them having to do with UH or money. But yes, one would think he would be interested in the career advancement.

Greg Koch would be another 1-2 yr AD and then adios IF he were to be hired. No thanks. He may spew Case love now but he sure didn’t before. Everyone is spewing love for Case. Take the glasses off. He’s a talking radio head. We can do much, much better with much more qualified people.

4 Likes

Chris is on linkedin let’s show him some love.

I don’t think that he has ever said anything good about U of H. I could be wrong but I won’t listen to him because I have heard nothing but sarcasm and negativity when he talks about our school.

4 Likes