Hunter to Arkansas-hires (Georgia OL coach) Pittman as next FB HC

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/937808008482091008

7 Likes

Arkansas fans seem to like Major. I wish it was a package deal!

10 Likes

Where is Uncle Dave (Maggard’s) these days.
The guy was a hell of a talent at evaluating FB coaches
and he already now has the amenities.

3 Likes

What degree is required/preferred to be an AD? Just curious.

Any chance we get a UH alum?

1 Like

Pezman is the way to go! Getting rid of HY is a total early Xmas present! Hopefully we capitalize on the opportunity and bring in Pez

4 Likes

Chris Pezman is your guy then

You realize that Pez is at Cal Berkeley? Home of Antifa?

White, middle aged heterosexual males are the enemy there. I’m not kidding either.

5 Likes

Womyn rule!

1 Like

What does this have to do with college sports?

1 Like

Im confused what just happened lol talk about blindsided

There are just too many people on this board who want to find fault at any and everyone.

All in all, Hunter has done a good job (not related to him). Could he have done better. Yes, everyone can do better. A lot could have done worse.

Everyone is ready to get rid of the football coaches after one year. Am I happy about this year, no. Do I think the coaching staff could have done better, yes. Do I think they will do better next year, they need to. Am I ready to fire them, no.

Going back to Hunter, he has filled in the football schedule with some quality opponents, not P5 like we want (P5 consider BYU P5 for scheduling), but good opponents (yes, there are P5s that will not play us). Made some good hiring choices in the non-revenue sports. Check some of the improvements.

So, now we will get to hear how we all hate on the new AD, or we hire Pezman, and then get to complain about this hire when the least bit thing happens.

8 Likes

G5 to P5 - TCU, UL and Utah

1 Like

Pezman is the right dude for the job at this juncture. Guy has contacts all over Houston, knows Houston, has lived Houston.

As far as Cal, he’s not the AD there, but he’s been working their big projects.

Time to bring him home.

7 Likes

Interesting that he’s got to go in and hire a head football coach.

Not a strong history of the hiring side (that I can think of).

I would suppose his future at Arkansas will be pretty much defined by this one hire–and that will be tough as they’ve still got that SEC West thing to overcome.

Head scratcher–but I won’t miss the guy one bit (unless we screw up the new hire).

1 Like

Per Monceaux:

“Razorback Foundation Board moved to fire Jeff Long because he wouldn’t fire Bret Bielema in the last few weeks of the season. Then they fired Bielema. They have signed a search firm for the AD and another for the head coach.”

Sounds like instead of Tilman and Renu, Hunter’s new master will be the Razorback Foundation. I’m not sure what kind of authority he will be given in the football coaching search.

1 Like

Sports Management tends to get you in the Athletic Department and most ADs. There are some larger schools that go with different backgrounds, especially business related.

I’m just not all that disappointed with this for some reason. I was never really that impressed with Yuracheck. He seemed fake. They’ll find someone just as good, if not better than HY. Good luck to him but UH can do better!

5 Likes

Maybe we can get a home and home out of it for the football program.

2 Likes

I feel like it’s worth mentioning that a sitting member and former chairman of the playoff committee got fired, and our AD is taking his day job. Probably means nothing apart from the silliness of the playoff

1 Like

Don’t laugh but I would give a very serious look at Greg Koch.

He lives in the Houston area, is a noted ex NFL/SWC player with many connections, has a law degree, already is familiar with the Houston media (currently hosts a radio show), and he HAS the big personality we desperately need.

EVERYONE has to market the University of Houston. Herman was very good at that and it worked.