Hunter to Arkansas-hires (Georgia OL coach) Pittman as next FB HC

He is NOT the AD at Cal…

Could be a great year after all! Welcome home, Pez! We hope.

This would be great news!

4 Likes

Did Hunter ever replace Jeramiah Dickey? Do we need to hire an AD and a deputy AD?

1 Like

I believe Yurachek did away with the deputy position and instead “promoted” many of the Associate AD’s to Senior Associate AD’s after Dickey left.

Hopefully, if Pezman is hired, he’ll be allowed to shape the department how he wants it.

The UA agreed to pay Yurachek’s previous employer, the University of Houston, up to $350,000 to buy out his contract there

1 Like

I am sure they feel it is money well spent.

I have never seen Arkansas Razorback football so bad.

1 Like

The leaders in the hills have made some bad decisions in the last 10 years !!

And then …Morris and Yurachek.

I’m surprised that UH didn’t pay Arkansas to take him !!!

If we got $350K for him…double win IMHO !!!

10 Likes

I think Hunter was announced as AD a few days before Morris was announced as coach.

Not sure how much Hunter had to do with that hiring.

Hunter was a good/decent AD in his time period. Lets not pretend like he was the worst. Arkansas paying us and us getting pez was a good trade though. So thank you to Hunter for his time here.

8 Likes

Damn, Hunter, you didn’t have to be so eager to get out of here.

“We spent about two hours on the phone that Wednesday afternoon. He called me again on Friday, almost 48 hours later and said that he was going be in Houston the next day - Arkansas was playing Houston the next day and they had a service project - and he asked if we could meet somewhere in Houston that morning. I said, ‘Let’s meet at my office because nobody will be there on a Saturday morning.’ His wife, Sandy, and my wife, Jennifer, went for a walk on campus and got a cup of coffee, and the chancellor and I, and Stacy Lewis, had a meeting in my office at the University of Houston.

“So the chancellor left and went through the community service project and Houston just kicks the snot out of Arkansas that night. The chancellor was not happy, and I was sitting there court-side thinking, ‘This is really good for the University of Houston, but probably not very good for my chances to get the job at the University of Arkansas.’

“On Monday morning I got a call from the chancellor and he said, ‘I’ve got to ask you a question: I want to know if you want to be the director of athletics at the University of Arkansas.’ It didn’t take me long to answer, ‘Yes,’ and I said, ‘Does this mean I have the job?’ He said, ‘No.’ He had to get board approval.”

I say good riddance!

7 Likes

We’re definitely better off minus that guy…

7 Likes

Arkansas makes very curious hires. Almost to the point of making you wonder if they are trying to be horrible.

10 Likes

Arkansas is a program of the past. They succeeded in a conference where they could recruit down the street. They have very few blue-chip recruits in-state. Nowadays no one sees them on TV in Dallas and Houston. And they don’t have the contacts they once had in north Texas. I actually think the SEC was a curse to their competitiveness. It pays them to play games and keeps the conference geography and travel relatively tight, but they don’t mean squat in New Orleans, Birmingham, Nashville, or Atlanta.

5 Likes

I admit that I’m prejudiced, and I don’t know how much of a pay bump occurred, but I think the potential of Houston is so much greater. Arkansas has become a wasteland for football, in my opinion.

4 Likes

Interviewing in his office at UH is really messed up and unprofessional. I was never a fan of Hunter as AD but thought he was good dude. I just lost all respect for him.

8 Likes

I just never understood what Arkansas saw in him.

5 Likes

He was a generic sports admin guy. He was good at supporting his coaches and athletes, but beyond that he was subpar at everything else.

We’re much better off now.

12 Likes

Things like admitting that he snuck a potential employer into his office won’t play well down the line…when he loses this job.

7 Likes