Hydrogen as fuel - take 3

Hydrogen is not what is used to make a nuclear weapon. That is a totally different process. There are already stations that fill up tanks to run cars.

1 Like

This map shows they are all in California. That’s good. Keep them there.

Yeah keep new energy and potential jobs and sustainable economy somewhere else :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

But it’s from California
 Therefore in my lizard brain it is bad.

So you don’t watch any movies, tv shows, use Apple products, use google, or Facebook, etc etc?

2 Likes

dihydrogen monoxide is an extremely dangerous compound, there is a big hole in Arizona to prove it. :wink:

1 Like

The petroleum industry isn’t going away. Dead dinosaurs are in virtually everything in our lives.

But burning dead dinosaurs for fuel for short term transportation is probably on its last generation. But we will always need jet fuel and diesel. We are always going to have planes, trains, ships and trucks.

My bet is on Hydrogen fuel cells. BUT the process of making hydrogen has to be powered by something. Maybe nuclear makes a comeback for that purpose?

1 Like

Now you are finally seeing through the fog. Congrats!

I still watch movies but only foreign ones. No TV unless it is sports, no Apple, no Google. I still use facebook but I am trying to stop.

You don’t have a cell phone?
:thinking:

1 Like

Not an Apple.

Well if you use Android you are a Google supporter.

1 Like

It’s all the brain damage from years of football, rugby, and drinking that made me see the light. Once you disable the higher functions it’s much easier.

But yeah unless you’re rocking a nokia 3360 you’re carrying Cali in your pocket. Computers and interwebs are the same thing.

The petroleum industry isn’t going away

True, but I think it will look drastically different in the not too distant future (15-20 years) from what it has been in the past. Sure the existing 1.4+ billion world wide internal combustion engines will be running for much longer, but many of those could transition to burn hydrogen fuel. Crude could be most valued for its plastics and chemicals. Would raw gasoline one day become a hard to dispose of by-product from the cat-cracking process ? ! ? ! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Someone killed him. Just like the inventor thatvsaid he had a cure for the Corona Virus, he and his friend who was a mile and a half from where he died was killed with two shots head ans heart. People will kill you if it means destroying their means of income. Unfortunately, this guy was on to something that would have changed the world, only for jealous idiots to kill them. Same with the guy for Corona Virus. If the attempt to kill you, you have something that would change thee world. Sad.

That’s why Steve Jobs is dead. He invented a device that changed the world, 3 times! And his rivals didn’t want a 4th time.

2 Likes

Or anything that uses a microchip. It was invented by HP in California.

3 Likes

Actually most of the big lifts you see at Lowe’s and Home Depot run on hydrogen.

Well this seems like another option consumers could have if they could get stations built across the country.

“If we can build the stations, we can build the cars,” Keith Malone of the California Fuel Cell Partnership, an industry-government collaboration founded in 1999 to expand the domestic FCEV market, told ABC News. “These vehicles have met all the same safety standards globally. The tanks have undergone armor piercing bullet tests. There are no dangers.”

“We are an early market and these cars are not cheap for lease or sale,” he said. “Most stations are concentrated in urban areas in California. But we’ve seen a lot of progress. The real challenge is rolling out the fueling network. But the vehicles are here. They’re good, people love them.”

Hyundai

NEXO is the technological flagship of Hyundai’s growing eco-vehicle portfolio.Hyundai

I don’t know how soon all of this change will happen. But all of these cars that run on gas are still being made and will have to be fueled for many years – hopefully the rest of my life. OK, that’s probably not that long, but I’m hoping for 20 years – I’d be 93.

1 Like