Hypothetical A-10 - AAC Challenge

Interesting topic and one that I’d be in favor for (if we couldn’t do a Big East-AAC Challenge instead). The A10 is a comparable league right now and this would definitely add a decent team to our schedule. Who knows, maybe it would garner some TV interest.

Houston Cougars vs. Saint Joseph’s Hawks

Throw a very good Houston team against a bounce-back Saint Joseph’s team, and you’re in for an intriguing matchup. I’m not sure how well the Hawks are going to respond this season after being plagued with injury, but I do know that Shavar Newkirk, LaMarr Kimble, and Charlie Brown are going to be good. That said, the Houston Cougars may have the American Athletic Association’s leading scorer next season in Rob Gray Jr, so this team would be pretty difficult to take down. Hypothetical Prediction: Houston 68, Saint Joseph’s 61.

https://www.fanragsports.com/cbb/rothstein-time-aac-a10-create-early-season-challenge/

Here is another thing I can tell you: Teams in The American and the Atlantic 10 have regularly struggled to land quality games on an annual basis.

What am I proposing?

A seven-game challenge between the two leagues on an annual basis, with the participants being voted on by the conference’s coaches at the league meetings.