I am a LSU fan but I will also be rooting for the Coogs since

my great nephew just accepted a preferred walkon offer to play football. His name is Jake Ruiz and is a PK/P from Cy Fair.

I hope to be able to make a few games in Houston this year and I will be in Spokane in September.

Good luck next season.

33 Likes

Thanks and Congrats!

Awesome and Welcome !!! My first and only love is for my Cougars, but I root for LSU

My grandfather received his business degree from there, so I have always had a soft spot for them

Thanks for being a fan !!!

I became an LSU fan when they hired Orgeron.

7 Likes

Ditto.

I’m a Cougar by birth, but I am marrying into the LSU family. Geaux!

I grew up an LSU fan, but once I transferred to UH, the Coogs took over my allegience, though I still pull for LSU after UH. My sister did graduate from LSU, so she and my nephew are huge Tiger fans.

But, we welcome all new fans, regardless of past or primary alliegences. We, well some of us, would even welcome people who used to pull for UT and saw the light and become Coog fans. We rejoice at reformed sinners.

8 Likes

Welcome!

Welcome

Welcome FIOG.

Lived in Gretna, LA. for 18 years and married a Tiger.

Houston has the largest LSU fan base of any city in the US. Many came from Katrina but the number was rising before then. It’s the reason LSU, the SEC and A&M (plus UH) have taken over the No. 7 media market in the US. Despite the Big 12’s insipid claims that they control the Houston market.

1 Like

Live in New Orleans and my wife is an LSU alum:
Geaux Tigers!
I, of course, bleed red and white:
Go Coogs!

1 Like

Forgot to put in that she’s a Cougar fan as well!

1 Like

My wife is from New Orleans as well. Fortunately she’s not a big sports fan. Her brother once shared he was in junior high school before he realized the name of the state school wasn’t Alice U. True story.

Dad’s whole family is from Louisiana. He, uncles, cousins are all tigers and I grew up rooting for LSU. They are the only other football team that I’ll pull for.

Let’s go Coogs!!

Welcome to the Family!!!

I went to LSU out of high school. Ended up graduating from UH but, as long as LSU isn’t playing the Coogs, I pull hard for them. Welcome aboard!

2 Likes

Maybe so
be we definitely are NOT an LSU city. The city of Houston has proven they ARE a University of Houston city FIRST and FOREMOST when we give them a reason to. This was evident with Herman’s H-Town Takeover run and our recent NCAA tournament runs where the whole city got behind us. Even my office had a “UH Day” when we played Kentucky. They encouraged everyone (even non UH workers) to wear red and they served UH themed treats and prizes.

I acknowledge we have many LSU fans here but the city does NOT get behind LSU. Now if UH won the NC in football, there would be pride everywhere. I didnt sense that at all, except for the LSU fans here, but not the city as a whole

2 Likes

I completely agree with this. There are LSU fans here but the city doesn’t go out of its way to promote LSU and make it its city’s preferred choice of school to root for.